We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I have been collecting Star Wars autographs since 1998.  Not all of my signatures are on Star Wars memorabilia.  For example, when I met Warwick Davis at a comic convention in New York City, I had him sign a Willow photograph.  I also have publicity photos of Sir Alec Guinness and Christopher Lee from the 1970s, and a Natalie Portman signed The Diary of Anne Frank theater poster from her performance on Broadway back in 1998.  My current wish list includes Peter Cushing, Terence Stamp and John Williams.  I am interested in knowing about the collections and wish lists of other members.

Views: 87893

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow that first Hamill looks off. Official pix seems like a good company. Ive bought a couple diff sigs from them also.Keep an eye out for sales. Just got a Dreyfuss a week ago. Im surprised Fisher and Hamill are still "relatively" cheap.

They're having a sale now. That's why I moved on the Fisher, it was like $15 off the regular price.

I agree Pete.  Third-party authentication has removed countless forgeries from the hobby.  Sometimes they get it wrong and need to make the necessary adjustments.

At least the JSA LOA did not identify the third autograph as Alec Guinness.  What a disaster.

Who is tony Scott? What exemplar did they use to authenticate that signature? They couldn't have used any... They just blindly said it was authentic without even looking it up. It's stupid things like this that give forgers a legitimate argument against TPAs.

Tony Scott was the brother of Ridley and an amazing director and producer in his own right. His films include two of my favorites True Romance and The Last Boyscout and of course he directed Top Gun and Days of Thunder to name a few more.

He just had nothing at all to do with SW.

Is he the one that jumped off a bridge?

Yes, he ended his own life a couple of years ago. He was supposedly in talks to do a Top Gun sequel, which in and of itself, may have been a leading cause of his suicide, but that is just my opinion.

RIght, theres also an MLB player named Tony Scott and a jazz musician named Tony Scott...  All three of them had an equal amount to do with Star Wars.  None of their autographs even come close to the Lucas inscription, so if they actually compared them and deemed it authentic, that's even scarier.

I am actually concerned about the George Lucas inscription being a part of the piece in general.  He rarely inscribes anything, particularly if the autograph was obtained in person.

Could you check your inbox, Pete? I need an opinion on an auto. Thanks

Why not post an image here?

It's a Brando piece and not SW related.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service