We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Steve asked me to start a new thread since some were having a lot of issues with regards to whether or not the through the mail autographs of Jerry Lee Lewis are real or not.  I will post some examples of what we have been getting recently and some know in person examples.   These TTM signatures are not cheap.  You have to pay $50 for them to his box office box.  The question is are they real or not.  Roger has said that he has never seen Mr. Lewis sign this way and it looks to perfect - like a woman's signature.  

Please post your thoughts here and examples.

thanks

Mark

Views: 61454

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Totally agree Terrier - 100%.  This is not personal.  

Mark

absolutely, Mark.  

If you think I would spend this much time on this issue simply to defend what represents an extremely tiny portion of my memorabilia collection, I really don’t know what to say to you. That is absolutely untrue and beyond ridiculous. The one you sold me for a very cheap price (which I do thank you for) is included in the five examples that were supposed to be representative of secretarials. Remember that? Roger said they’re all consistent with each other, but not with authentic examples. He then offered one of the signed “Mean Old Man” CD insets for sale on his website, one of which was included in the five examples of secretarial signatures. That didn’t tell you anything? 

Ballroom - Someone asked, not me, if you had a dog in this fight. I simply answered the question.    I stated I had a dog in this fight as well.

Mark. It was claimed that Judith probably signed the BB “Mean Old Man” CD inserts. Judith obviously is a woman. As it turns out, JLL signed those inserts. Roger even offered one for sale on his site after claiming that another one is secretarial. Someone chimed in and said that the then-recent TTMs look a lot like the signatures on the “Mean Old Man” CD inserts. Why don’t you say something about that?

Judith likely didn’t sign the inserts because she wasn’t married to JLL at the time. Those inserts don’t look like the recent TTMs to me.  I think they’re a different secretarial version. The Mean Old Man inserts and Jazzfest prints look different from the signed autobiographies and different from most of the recent TTMs to me.  

Unfortunately, none of those autograph examples look like the authentic in person exemplars to me. I think Steve Zarelli is spot on that there have been multiple proxy signers through the years.

Could you possibly show a couple of examples from each proxy signer?

Let’s start with an oldie. On page 99 of this thread, you noted the similarity of the signed cd inserts from 2006 to the signed Jazz Fest prints from 2007.

I think that is one proxy signer’s work, but not likely the person who is signing TTM’s today.

On page 32 of the “Jerry Lee Lewis New Book and Signing” thread, Roger Epperson posted this photo of a proxy Whitten signed check next to the signed books.

Here’s one that Roger approved for RR with one of the book signatures.

I respect Roger’s opinion a lot, and the top looks closer to me than the bottom, but I wouldn’t be comfortable buying it.

I’m very comfortable that the bottom one is a secretarial. I’d bet my last dollar on it and rest easily. 

It’s simply too much to ask of someone who would be signing on his behalf. It just astounds me that you guys are taking a spontaneous remark that he made during an interview and turning it into a conspiracy.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service