We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Steve asked me to start a new thread since some were having a lot of issues with regards to whether or not the through the mail autographs of Jerry Lee Lewis are real or not.  I will post some examples of what we have been getting recently and some know in person examples.   These TTM signatures are not cheap.  You have to pay $50 for them to his box office box.  The question is are they real or not.  Roger has said that he has never seen Mr. Lewis sign this way and it looks to perfect - like a woman's signature.  

Please post your thoughts here and examples.

thanks

Mark

Views: 61434

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ballroom, I appreciate your nonconsensus viewpoint because it pushes our discussion forward, but I think the top two are secretarials and the bottom likely authentic. I wouldn’t be comfortable including either of the top two as exemplars for Jerry Lee Lewis. There are a lot of differences, and I think these were signed by three different people.
PSA AutogtaphFacts is a great reference, but they make mistakes, too. I’m confident that the top one should be removed from their database. 

Agree - Henry. 

Mark

I had a pretty lengthy correspondence with the person who received the second example. He didn’t try to sell me anything (this SP was already sold) and I’ve never purchased anything from him. He has gotten JLL signatures TTM, but insisted that this one was obtained in person after a show in 2002. He seemed entirely genuine to me and was open to the possibility of secretarial TTMs.

Instead of immediately agreeing, why not actually do some research and see if you find this and other patterns across various TTMs?

I’m not sure the word of some random seller is convincing. Sellers lie more often than our eyes do.

Steve Zarelli took a stab at identifying the patterns of the TTMs, and I gave you a few examples of varieties of sold items that I don’t think are authentic (signed cd inserts, Jazz Fest prints, books).

This site has a lot of in person exemplars to use as a basis for authentication. Unfortunately, many of the TTMs look nothing like those regardless of who signed them. 

You can see the same thing in the “Lee” portion on this signed CD.

Sorry, but regardless of the e formation, I think that’s secretarial.

This proxy signer connected the J to the e in Jerry.  I’m not sure I’ve seen any verified exemplars that do that. Even without that, this one looks completely off to me. 

More Jerry Lee submitted for your review ....  Signed at the same time - In Person, 1980

Thanks!  Those are both very nice.

those are exceptional!

Love these. They both look clearly real and the difference in these signed one after the other is a reminder of how differently JLL has signed at the same time.

These are very nice

The tall scripted S in Sincerely is a good indication of a real JLL autograph.  Nice one

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service