We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Steve asked me to start a new thread since some were having a lot of issues with regards to whether or not the through the mail autographs of Jerry Lee Lewis are real or not.  I will post some examples of what we have been getting recently and some know in person examples.   These TTM signatures are not cheap.  You have to pay $50 for them to his box office box.  The question is are they real or not.  Roger has said that he has never seen Mr. Lewis sign this way and it looks to perfect - like a woman's signature.  

Please post your thoughts here and examples.

thanks

Mark

Views: 61466

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I find it laughable that people at OTHER FORUM sites try and compare other signed pieces of Jerry Lee Lewis to the Ebay ones I listed.  They have NO clue where the ones they are posting come from.  That is their science, that is evidence. There is only ONE thing they are proving, there are other fakes out there.  

The MARK knows!  LOL! 

I have over 60 signed Jerry Lee Lewis contracts, albums, posters, 45's and 78s.  NOT one and I mean NOT ONE - looks like the one from the ebay link.  NOW, did JW Whitten sign them.. who knows. 

I know one thing - Jerry Lee Lewis didn't sign them.  This of course again - is my opinion.  Take it for what ever you think its worth.  :)

Mark

what??? there are other forum sites???  can't be!

:)

So true.  There is really only one thing to go by and that is your opinion.  In mine, the IPs I got myself look nothing like these at all.  Whether Whitten signed them or not doesnt matter.  What matters is JLL did not sign them IMO of course.

Do any of these look like the IPs you got yourself?

no

I am probably one of the most wishy-washy folks on here regarding the JLL autographs. I am unable to satisfy myself with complete confidence of several of the JLL autographs. I believe the two GBOF inscribed photos Ballroom posted look authentic. Then I compare them to the one here and see several consistencies and several inconsistencies.

Is there anyone else up in the air with these? It seems like most of you are comfortable one way or the other.

Do I know that Whitten signed them?  Of course not.  I can only look at the evidence.  For some reason when Mr. Whitten takes something back to get signed it comes back looking like the ebay one.  I find it very odd that the only Jerry Lee Lewis autograph we can find to match up like the ebay one some how Whitten handled.  You can draw your own conclusions.  

Mark

It seems that significant when assessing the so-called "Whitten-style" JLL are the findings of WPIX when looking into the signatures in the JLL bio.

http://pix11.com/2015/04/08/buyer-beware-jerry-lee-lewis-book-autog...

Whitten never spoke with them.  And the behavior of the companies involved presents circumstantial evidence that something is amiss.  To quote from the web article:

"We tried to get some answers for ourselves.

First we called author Rick Bragg, now a professor at the University of Alabama. He told us he had nothing at all to do with the business end of things and had no idea when the books were signed.

So we called Barnes & Noble. They told us they believed the signatures were genuine. But that the publisher handled the signing and we should talk to Harper Collins.

So we contacted Harper Collins. The company expressed confidence in the authenticity of the signatures and told us Jerry Lee’s manager, Greg Ericson, had witnessed the signings.

So we called Ericson at his office in Memphis. He said he hadn’t witnessed them. Instead, he said the pages to be signed were sent to Jerry Lee’s Mississippi ranch where J.W. Whitten witnessed Jerry Lee signing. Then the pages were sent back for inclusion in the special edition books.

We asked if there were any photos or video of the signing.

Ericson said he’d check. But we never heard back from him even though we called and emailed him numerous times.

Then Harper Collins said we could talk directly to James Whitten. We readily accepted. But the next day Harper Collins told us Whitten was unavailable. The company ignored our response and never answered our question of why Whitten was unavailable.

So what do we have? Absolutely no evidence that the rock legend himself signed the books and the behavior of people involved in the business suggests otherwise."

To be fair and realistic, what percentage of book signings are photographed or videotaped? The lack here proves nothing.

But doesn't the author normally sign the books in front of you at book signings?? 

Yes, no photographs or videoing is allowed, but people sneak pics all the time.  For example the recent John Fogerty signing.  

Mark

No, these pages, by the very nature of their conveyance
to Mr. Lewis shows that they were not intended or
expected to be signed publicly. Nothing strange or
unusual. If you do a search for signed editions at
ABE "Advanced Book Exchange" you'll find how many
with visual confirmation of the signing?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service