We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Tags: #horror

Views: 551

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Th "in remembrance" looks dead on for on that sold on RR ...

I am thinking the eBay is a 1940's signature - apart from the missing(?) accent the baseline is straighter. Do check out what I just lost for $550.

I'm sorry, I was seriously multitasking and I did not see the link. Yes, that price is about right. :-) He can sell for about $750 which is about the going rate from better dealers for a good 8x10. I have a photo from this period signed as well - it is 1939 actually (below). Mine has the accent over the "e" which he used until C. 1944. Yours appears to be signed later - the accent is not there so I suggested Dr. Brucato for extra assurance. Also the eBay SP does not have the strongest contrast and is signed sideways, Something to consider.

Yes, the contrast is concerning but i did find one very similar wrt the vertical signature: Lot - Bela Lugosi Signed Large B&W Photo with Theater Program, ...

Yes, vertical again - perhaps his approach to these. The UA example had stronger contrast and was $800 3 years ago.  

and in better condition ...

Yes. Considering what is around maybe wait for a stronger item? I got this for much less...not an 8x10...but a nice later item. In hand the "smudge" from signing is hardly visible.

Click for full image:

Yeah, that is a bold signature. And for a good price! 

Also looks to be more of a Wood-era photo? 

Yes, C. 1951. Glenda was 1953. Below is a true Glenda "photo"! It is from Ed Wood's personal copy sold to George Weiss...

Try this:

That film reel is incredible! True piece of cinema history.

Someone seems to have made a deal for the OP Lugosi SP. Was it you JGreen?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service