We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I thought this might be cool. Tell what concerts you are going to see. Let us know if you liked or disliked the show. Maybe show a picture, autograph, guitar pick, drumstick, or a cool story .

Views: 17857

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

CHVRCHES yesterday - first a mini and interview set on a boat, followed by their first headline show in Wisconsin. It was the anniversary of the album Every Open Eye, so we got them a cake too.

I saw the MONKEES last night in Seattle.  Their shows are always (in my opinion) great and yesterday was even better.  Tough to get things signed when the perform as a band unless you buy the pass.  When they perform solo,  they usually sign an item or two at a table.  Nesmith is tough unless you purchase the back stage pass and he will sign about 10 items and take pictures.

Just won tickets for Ziggy Marley - includes soundcheck access, meet & greet and a free copy of the album.

Here's the problem - it's the same day as Christine and the Queens, a really interesting and talented new artist I've been looking forward to seeing.

Going with Christines & The Queens tonight. First US headline show in the US. Really amazing artist,

https://youtu.be/9RBzsjga73s

You are killing it Rich! How do you win all these tickets? So you decided on Christine's over Marley. I'm getting ready to See Stryper. Have fun buddy!

It's the market - Milwaukee is a spotty music market. Really hard for a show to sell out, and often they severely undersell. Hence there tend to be tons of free ticket promotions.

Unfortunately Christine is in Chicago tonight, so I have to deal with that traffic nightmare.

This has to be a first - no merch stand. Nothing. Guess I should have brought something, At least she was nice enough to sign.

Another free one - CHVRCHES sent an email for a secret show this week. 32nd time I've seen them perform.

Going to see John Cale at a Swiss art gallery (Foundation Beyeler, Basel) on Saturday. I've seen him many times but I am intrigued about this one. Strange venue and strange time (18.00). I haven't collected in-person autographs since I was knee-high to a grasshopper but maybe this would be an opportunity.  

Heavy eight days for me. Tuesday was All Them Witches at a small Zurich club (raw and fantastic), last night was Biffy Clyro at an ice hockey rink in Winterthur (coolest venue I've ever been to temperature-wise but band becoming too stadium rock mainstream) and next Tuesday is PJ Harvey at a smallish venue in Zurich (saw her at Montreux a few months back so hoping it won't just be a repeat).

The light show at the Biffy gig has to be the most spectacular and "in your face" one I've ever experienced. There was so much of it and it was so dazzling and pulsating that it made it hard to watch the band. I'm a bit surprised it passed health and safety rules. It may not have been strobe lighting as such but if no one has an epileptic fit at some point during the tour (it was the first night last night) it will be amazing.

Anybody else experienced crazily over-the-top light shows?

CHVRCHES, even early on, was known for a pretty significant lighting setup. The 2013-2014 tour featured a strobe heavy intro that put some fans in a bit of a daze. I believe it was toned down a bit perhaps as the tour progressed,

Wow you've been busy Eva! Thanks for sharing. I'll keep my eye out for Buffy, I'd like to see that!

Saw the final show of CHVRCHES' Every Open Eye tour. The ended it pretty magnificently.

Seeing Tegan & Sara tonight.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service