We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

urgent help needed- am now being threatened with lawyers

right; - this is all linked to a case with in item where paypal had blocked funds & seller in the end , sent the item.  I was honest and told him it had arrived , altho  I didn't have to sign for it and due to unforeseen circumstances couldn't look at it for 3 days.  Imagine my horror when some imprints from a note he had written to me appeared on 3 of the pages; - one of them on the sigs & I posted the problem up yesterday  on AML

I wrote a super polite letter to him this afternoon; - he has now accused me of lying; has sent a copy of my email to his lawyers and to paypal this afternoon.  He says that if I send it back ; he will examine it to see what I have done to it and will take legal action against me; - or I end this nonsense

I did want the item and thought a partial refund would be in order but am now going around in circles with worry after receiving this item.  I have asked to be put through to trust and safety at ebay  but you just go around and around in circles 

I am horrified by such a letter.  I am actually quite a nervous individual; - can't think what to do now.  Please advise. HELP

Views: 945

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You didn't say what the item was or how much it cost.

As far as being threatened with lawyers - who does that unless you're talking in the thousands.

If he contacts you, just say you went to ebay to settle the case. They handle this kind of stuff all the time. I
Also wouldn't do anything else until you hear from ebay. In fact, if he should contact you, tell him you went to ebay to settle the matter and all questions should be referred to them. When he sells on ebay that dispute settlement is part of the 'contract' he has for selling the item.

Does he have your home address? 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service