We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hello everybody,

At the moment I have Two Vivien Signatures, Both from History. Direct, who is meant to be reputable and safe. This autograph does not come with a PSA/DNA so I have a few questions about its authenticity. They provide their own COA, which they say will pass any third party organization and if it does not they will refund the entire amount if it is within 10 years of the purchase.

This seems a little fishy but their items and reviews are mostly great so I'd genuinely appreciate it If anyone who jumps in on this chat could give their opinions on what's the safer choice. We're talking 600-1400$ Australian, so I really don't want to get this one wrong.

Clark Gable references are from Eaby, their sellers all have 100% reviews  

Also just found a Vivien signature on RR auctions going for big money, but seem's it is from the late '30s and pretty clean except for some light surface scuffing and minor creasing. top image

Thank you to anyone who replies and attributes to this page!

Daniel

Tags: #Clark, #Vivien, Gable, Leigh

Views: 1333

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I agree, Eric. Russell has always been very professional to do business with and will consider all reasonable offers. I would suggest that if you see something of theirs on eBay go to their site instead.

Oh yes, good point.

Thanks for sharing, Eric.  If this is the case, then maybe our experience was a fluke. It's good to know that they will indeed accept returns without the need (and expense) of JSA or PSA taking a look. There's nothing like handling something in person to form a better opinion and even perhaps show it to another seasoned collector.  If they allow for that and honor a possible return if there's an issue raised by the purchaser, then no risk and no problem.  I'm certainly not here to pile on HistoryForSale.  

p.s.  I'm in your camp when it comes to third party authentication.  That's why it's important to have the information, based on experience, that a TPA opinion is not needed to make a return.  I appreciate your clarification and will pass the info. on.

Thanks for contributing Etienne, I appreciate you insisting that I am throughout before making the buy. I have spent I great amount of time with Eric and we think that the first image of Vivien is a clean, safe, and most importantly 'authentic' signature. It has great contrast and I think stands out more than the rest. Feel free to let me know If you disagree, everyone's opinion is welcome. Thanks

Dan -

Your choice certainly is clean and bold. It's a bit of a more heavy hand that was applied to this signature than what I am used to seeing from Leigh. I just haven't studied Leigh enough to give as informed opinion as others here might.  

To Etienne,

Yes, she had a hand like a butterfly - the bold signature was one of the criterion with condition right behind.

It is an extreme rarity that I return anything. In this case I chose to keep the item but I did have the option. I've never been disappointed with anything from them.

Dan, if longtime members here who study the signer think it's real then I don't think you need a TPA for this piece. If this were US pro sports I'd recommend it in almost all cases because without a major TPA COA they often bring a fraction of what they'd bring with one.

Great to know, I'll take your advice on the COA from History. Eric and Joe. w seem really convinced by Vivien, so ill take their advice and expertise.

Thanks for letting me know  

Dan

You are welcome. I still prefer the first one shown above. The second has choppy looking ink and the third looks good but is obscuring some repair in a purple ink above her printed name (tilt your screen). 

I saw this on eBay for $330 BIN. The printed name is glued on though :(

Image 1 - Gone with the Wind Scarlett O`Hara) VIVIEN LEIGH †1967@53 signed MAGNIFICENT pic

I'd go with the unmarred image up top obviously. Who knows what's under that?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service