We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

What does everyone think of this seller? Was looking up pricing to list items and came across them.. their "common" music autos like Billy Joel and James Taylor look good to me, but a few others.. Bono, Van Halen, etc. look slightly off... if they are selling fakes, they have at least done their homework... was just curious what everyone thought....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Van-Halen-Signed-Autographed-Record-Album-/...

Views: 1082

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My take is that babygirl is selling nothing but fakes.

Not the worst I´ve ever seen, though.

I know that person and they been getting autographs for 15 yrs or more, its people like you who have no idea what they are talking about. Its sad you guys put false statements up online and try to ruin people imagine.. Sad..... not cool.... 

It looks like babygirl just decided to join the discussion. Its quite obvious that you are that seller. So why not defend some of your items that we think are forgeries.

Sorry man, that's not especially helpful.  If you have a compelling argument that isn't vague and worthless, let's hear it.  Otherwise, any seller content to give away Police signed albums for $50 and U2 signed albums for $35 gets some pretty instant red flags.  No one on this forum  (thus far) seems convinced these items are real.  And, apparently, no one on ebay is entirely sold either.  Otherwise his items would generate a LOT more interest.

No. I have no clue about autographs. I have only been collecting in person music autogaphs since 1984. But I have been collecting in Sweden. And a lot of time, my in person autographs from Sweden looks different from autographs that I find on Ebay here in the US.

Is it that the artists are signing different styles of autographs in different countrys? Or am I only crazy?

Here for example is a photo of a Bob Geldof autograph that I have got in person in Sweden:

The pictures are so small, you can barely see the autographs. I've seen worse examples, but ebay allows for huge photos; why would you go out of your way to resize them to be this small? This means they're either trying to hide something or they're just completely ignorant about the autograph hobby. Trouble either way. The descriptions don't inspire a ton of confidence either. When I see listings like this, I just move on to the next one.

I will save my money for some autographs that I know for sure are real. That means that I would never buy something from this seller.

I agree.. anything really stand out as bad??? The James Taylors and Billy Joels looked good to me, but as ya said with the pics being small, its kinda hard to tell... i dont know what the deal is with ebay pics... even though I crop my photos as close in as i can with them still being clear sometimes they wont zoom in as well....

Peter Cetera. And you can buy real signed records from his website.

The Bono signed War album is a pretty poor forgery.

Here are some examples of the items BabyGirl2700 is selling, which in my opinion are likely all bad. In particular the Randy Bachman, the Tom Petty, the Olivia Newton John, Billy Joel, and Alice Cooper stand out to me as bad. I agree they are better than average forgeries, but i still think they are bad. Here are some items currently listed, so you dont have to jump between pages to view them.

Alice Cooper:

Bob Geldof:

Carly Simon:

Doobie brothers:

Emerson Lake and Palmer

Glen Campbell:

Olivia Newton John:

James Taylor:

Jermaine Jackson:

Randy Bachman

Steve Martin

Tom Petty