We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Jason had started a thread; http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/what-is-exact-proof-...  

and like all good threads there are discussions witin discussions but this sub-discussion came up on a dealer Milton Lubin & http://www.substancecollectables.com/boxing_hall_of_fame___1

It appears that in 2003 although the Lubans were properly served but they failed to answer the complaint.

DECISION AND ORDER
MARRERO, District Judge.
By order dated July 22, 2003, the Court authorized entry of a default judgment in favor of plaintiffs Tiffany (NJ) Inc. and Tiffany and Company (collectively, "Tiffany") and against defendants Milton and Connie Luban and their company Luban Incorp. (collectively, the "Lubans"), the proprietors of an internet site selling counterfeit Tiffany merchandise in violation of the Lanham Act, 15 U.S.C. §§ 1114(1), 1116(d). Upon consideration of Tiffany's written and oral evidence as to its damages, the Court awards Tiffany a judgment in the amount of $573,818.64.

Jason went on further in one comment;

This link is the link with the guy and the actual photo we have on files one doctored that has the guy mentioned above.

http://bertorelli.wordpress.com/2010/09/19/rocky%c2%b4s-boxing-glov...

On 17 May 2012 the guys who were building a file heard the following news : He received a letter from the lawyers of Prince Marketing and Super Star Greetings today. Telling him to remove all items and images of Joe Frazier, Micky Ward, Roy Jones Jr, Hulk Hogan, Chuck Zito, Vinnie Paz and the Super Star Greetings logo. This guy is total scum and is getting what he deserves.

The most famous website in the world for tackling fakes did a special on him here you can read it for your selfs. click the link.

I wont pu the photos yet I will leave them as aces in our hands till we have too but I believe there is enough here to make your minds up if this is true or not.

http://www.isitreal.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=7...

Recently I received some photos that appear to have been photoshopped and were alleged to be used by Milton Lubin to promote his product offerings.  The one on the left is what has been alledged as the real one while the one on the right has been alledged as fake ones that were used as "proof" pictures.

One recent excerpt from Jason;

Ps yes DB strange here seems no one in America cares about what s going on in their door step and on of this forums own.    (sometimes Jason - it takes some extra cycles ;-)

Since I have no dogs in this fight and Milton Lubin is an AML member here as was pointed out in the intial thread above, it would be pertinent to have some feedback on these claims and allegations.

Tags: Milton-Lubin, Substance-Collectables

Views: 34786

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He has not been added to the ebay autograph help page as a banned authenticator ... yet.
This is a list of some of the ebay sellers who were suspended that had been listing  items coa Substance Collectables
windexoutdoor
03luisitotm
nath2084
juzzywog
fatcatbargains2
kingofmemorabilia
sniper0030
westcoastmemorabilia
boxing-legends-memorabilia
fly-high-08
19sasha85
boxa12345
angermgnt
sportzfreak23
fluval101
a lot of information here  about Tiffany ( NJ) Inc. vs. Luban
This is Better Business Bureau report  link and info
This firm has misrepresented itself as a BBB Accredited Business on its Web site at www.substancecollectibles.com.  On January 4, 2012, the BBB requested that this firm cease and desist all unauthorized use of the BBB name and logo on its website. As of February 3rd, 2012, the case has been closed as unpursuable.
THIS FIRM IS NOT CURRENTLY A BBB ACCREDITED BUSINESS with the Better Business Bureau Serving Metropolitan New York, the service area in which it is headquartered.
F Rating
Mail sent to the business on 01/04/2012 was returned by the U.S. Postal Service as Unclaimed

substancecollectables.com . jason you have an I in your link.

here is an excerpt from their webpage and the BBB web page;

This business is not BBB accredited  (from BBB Page)

Advertising Review

This firm has misrepresented itself as a BBB Accredited Business on its Web site at www.substancecollectibles.com.  On January 4, 2012, the BBB requested that this firm cease and desist all unauthorized use of the BBB name and logo on its website. As of February 3rd, 2012, the case has been closed as unpursuable.

THIS FIRM IS NOT CURRENTLY A BBB ACCREDITED BUSINESS with the Better Business Bureau Serving Metropolitan New York, the service area in which it is headquartered.

Is there anything honest about this place?  And there is a december Sale!

was reading some excerpts and justifications on why all the chatter is inaccurate -

what caught some attention was a blurb on PSA/DNA (Collector's Universe) information that he posted (below).  Of course it's not referenced by name but everyone ought to have some idea of the who is being talked about.  I can't see what it was in '07 but if you look at the moment it's upto an A rating.  

Collectors Universe btw, is also not a BBB accredited business but then again they don't claim they are nor have been sent a cease and desist letter either.   Odd, how I don't see any rationalization by Milton Luban on his BBB claims.

The Better Business Bureau of Southern California has now given XXX an F rating. That is the lowest possible rating that a company can get from the BBB. There rating has gone from F to B and currently is now (as of 12/13/07) D,

More like Substance Abuse Collectables...wow.  

Those pictures are quite comical.

DB, Jason:

Sorry if you already have these, but here's Luban's blog and twitter account. Not much recent activity:

http://sports-boxing-memorabilia.com/

https://twitter.com/miltonluban

did but thanks for posting as there is just so much "stuff"..

I did find this one just something as he attempts to capitalize on UACC Armstrong signatures.  Somehow, I don't feel this place would be my first choice for a Neil Armstrong authenticated by Luban.   But I do like the "sea of phonies" title though, seems fitting.

and speaking of "sea of phonies" has anyone looked at current offerings and can post a few?

while perusing more claims I came across the FDE that he claims is being used although NY to Australia seems like a huge hike when they are many more experienced ones nearby, even if they aren't "FDEs".

of course with all the other apparent fake advertising who knows where this one is from espeically since who it is addressed to is redacted.  I have not heard of an FDE called Scientific Document Services Pty, Ltd out of Australia mentioned prevously.

Has anyone else? 

Hi DB oh yes I know of them this guy is that bad he gives global a really good name. He charges around $200 a pop and funny thing is everything passes. I will try to find a couple of examples of what he has passed.

Another Forensic Document Examiner, another fraudulent authentication. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service