We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Jason had started a thread; http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/what-is-exact-proof-...  

and like all good threads there are discussions witin discussions but this sub-discussion came up on a dealer Milton Lubin & http://www.substancecollectables.com/boxing_hall_of_fame___1

It appears that in 2003 although the Lubans were properly served but they failed to answer the complaint.

DECISION AND ORDER
MARRERO, District Judge.
By order dated July 22, 2003, the Court authorized entry of a default judgment in favor of plaintiffs Tiffany (NJ) Inc. and Tiffany and Company (collectively, "Tiffany") and against defendants Milton and Connie Luban and their company Luban Incorp. (collectively, the "Lubans"), the proprietors of an internet site selling counterfeit Tiffany merchandise in violation of the Lanham Act, 15 U.S.C. §§ 1114(1), 1116(d). Upon consideration of Tiffany's written and oral evidence as to its damages, the Court awards Tiffany a judgment in the amount of $573,818.64.

Jason went on further in one comment;

This link is the link with the guy and the actual photo we have on files one doctored that has the guy mentioned above.

http://bertorelli.wordpress.com/2010/09/19/rocky%c2%b4s-boxing-glov...

On 17 May 2012 the guys who were building a file heard the following news : He received a letter from the lawyers of Prince Marketing and Super Star Greetings today. Telling him to remove all items and images of Joe Frazier, Micky Ward, Roy Jones Jr, Hulk Hogan, Chuck Zito, Vinnie Paz and the Super Star Greetings logo. This guy is total scum and is getting what he deserves.

The most famous website in the world for tackling fakes did a special on him here you can read it for your selfs. click the link.

I wont pu the photos yet I will leave them as aces in our hands till we have too but I believe there is enough here to make your minds up if this is true or not.

http://www.isitreal.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=7...

Recently I received some photos that appear to have been photoshopped and were alleged to be used by Milton Lubin to promote his product offerings.  The one on the left is what has been alledged as the real one while the one on the right has been alledged as fake ones that were used as "proof" pictures.

One recent excerpt from Jason;

Ps yes DB strange here seems no one in America cares about what s going on in their door step and on of this forums own.    (sometimes Jason - it takes some extra cycles ;-)

Since I have no dogs in this fight and Milton Lubin is an AML member here as was pointed out in the intial thread above, it would be pertinent to have some feedback on these claims and allegations.

Tags: Milton-Lubin, Substance-Collectables

Views: 34786

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Below is a list of eBay sellers that had items removed that where from Substance Collectables. It is quite obvious that eBay doesn't want Milton's items to be sold on their site. I will put up so more proof of him selling fakes shortly.
Windexoutdoor
squareringmemorabilia
03luisitotm
buckman_2525
nightopticsplus
tyty7777
superdiablo18
01_Store
Mattyz16
nath2084
fatcatbargains2
softerthan
kingofmemorabilia
juzzywog
fluval101
angermgnt
mrmelbourne
sniper0030
boxing-legends-memorabilia
movie_moviemannn
westcoastmemorabilia
frabeaut3
fly-high-08
alffrado
rustay38
19sasha85
boxa12345
weselltpabay
sportzfreak23
tyty-10
*stock-clearance*
sash1983s
duckbutt
mcsgallery
madrastus02
famfaces
la.star.vintage
gottschalk1969
goldminejewelrydirect
nightvision_world
taylormadememorabilia
sportzsurplus
pakis2006
chechefoyster
2011prancinghorse360
country_trends
showusyourmotor05
universal-autographs
scubaangel8
framingbeautiful

Scan 1- Ebay auction for 1996 Muhammad Ali signed Sports Illustrated 1996

Notice the name of the ID is ssauthenticators , same name as Luban's now defunct web
site, SSAuthenticators.com  ; and the item location is Rego Park, NY, same
as Substance.

Scan 2  same item listed on web site of Substance Collectables, again establishing it's
Luban's id.

Scan 3   Id ssauthenticators was suspended from ebay September 17, 2012.

Ebay doesn't suspend accounts unless there's a good reason this account was only closed to months ago. He has since tried to become a member again and will not be one for to long at all.

The following ebay sellers had items with coas from Substance Collectables removed by ebay

Windexoutdoor
squareringmemorabilia
03luisitotm
buckman_2525
nightopticsplus
tyty7777 
superdiablo18
01_Store
Mattyz16
nath2084
fatcatbargains2
softerthan
kingofmemorabilia 
juzzywog
fluval101
angermgnt
mrmelbourne
sniper0030
boxing-legends-memorabilia
movie_moviemannn
westcoastmemorabilia
frabeaut3 
fly-high-08
alffrado
rustay38
19sasha85
boxa12345
weselltpabay
sportzfreak23
tyty-10
*stock-clearance*
sash1983s
duckbutt
mcsgallery
madrastus02
famfaces
la.star.vintage
gottschalk1969
goldminejewelrydirect
nightvision_world
taylormadememorabilia
sportzsurplus
pakis2006
chechefoyster
2011prancinghorse360
country_trends 
showusyourmotor05
universal-autographs
scubaangel8
framingbeautiful

If eBay have removed this many items and banned how many ID's that are Milton's the question really has to be asked why don't they want anything of his stuff on their site because it is fake and he sold that much of it.

Scan 1-   Muhammad Ali glove coa Substance Collectables. Ebay seller  country_trends
auction 220971538204 removed by ebay March 13, 2012

Scan  2-   Muhammad Ali glove coa Substance Collectables Ebay seller showusyourmotor05
auction 150780537359 removed by ebay March 18, 2012

Scan 3  -  Muhammad Ali glove coa Substance Collectables Ebay seller taylormadememorabilia 
auction 120808607895 removed by ebay November 16, 2011
                and auction 110813421069 removed by ebay January 30, 2012

Scan 4     Muhammad Ali glove coa Substance Collectables ebay seller  scubaangel8 auction
320934826690 removed  by ebay June 27, 2012

It seems these items are still being removed even this year so when people say that he sold the fakes back in 2007 but he only sells good stuff now I think they are kidding themselves. His stuff will be around for another 15 years wait till the day that Muhammad ali passes away look on ebay that day and see how much of this stuff is up for sale.

Good job

Steve I will put some more info up shortly regarding milton. I am suprised as he is a member he hasn't commented.

Something about the COA they use that just seemed similar to me but until now couldn't put my finger on it.  In this case imitation would not be the purest form of flattery.   I'm surprised they remembered not to photoshop in Steve Sipe's name on thiers;

while this seller appears to have mostly tpa items including steiner and a number of others I came across these two listings that raise  the antennae. 

Both of these Ali claim to have a FULL JSA LOA on them.  However if you look close they are both the exact same JSA with the exact same number X49951.  Seems they are the same  but at different prices...   A coinkydink type mistake??? 

also appears that there are the exact same 3 in the completed that didn't sell and they all have the exact same JSA Letter & Cert. Number.  One of them however is listed as an 8x10 but it is exactly the same as the one above.

but if you look up the cert; X49951    it's a Signed Bookpage  7 3/4" x 10"  not a signed photo.

This scan is auction 220975085072 from ebay seller country_trends , Muhammad Ali signed trunks, coa Substance Collectables, which Ebay removed on March 13, 2012

Here's the violation policies

eBay prohibits users who are currently suspended for trading offences from registering new accounts or participating on the eBay site using associated registrations

Members who are suspended are prohibited from registering new accounts with eBay, or using any existing accounts. eBay reserves the right to suspend existing accounts, as well as new accounts opened by anyone in the same household of a suspended user, or by any other associates of a suspended user.

In the meantime, LOOK at this !!
This scan is of Muhammad Ali signed and framed glove, coa Substance Collectables, ebay seller  framingbeautiful , auction 120945035313
removed  by ebay on July 6, 2012.
from AliAutos.com

Shawn, the Administrator wrote:
Windexoutdoor, welcome to the forums. Those trunks are forged.
Also,  this comment out of the listing is a joke:
"A full COA with matching  hologram and registration number will be provided by Substance Collectables – One of the most reputable authenticity companies in the world along with  Superstar Greetings and Steiner."
You need to ask yourself, if they're so  'reputable' how come I have never heard of them before?
And, the ONLY  reason that I know who they are, is I had some issues with them.
Recently  I have seen more and more Ali autographs on the market with their COA, not ONE  of them I would buy.
Shawn co-authored a ninety page book - The Collector's Guide to Muhammad Ali Autographs, along with Markus Brandes and Stephen Koschal.

both of the above Ali signed bookpage are nowhere to be found thus appears EBAY removed them until the "coninkydinks" are rectified.

@Jason, the policy you cite is not universal across all EBAYs in respective countries (even if it makes sense).  They operate essentially independently of each other and can create their own suite of policies and procedures as I have been informed.  Thus, they are only applicable to buyer/sellers doing business within that EBAY.

As such, I don't see them in EBAY.US as a policy so far.

Link to Is it Real thread on Substance Collectables
The administrator wrote:
If aliautos.com says
I wouldn't buy anything from them.
then I wouldn't !!!
Scan 1 - scan of Muhammad Ali signed and framed glove, coa Substance Collectables, ebay seller  universal-autographs, auction 110876516759.
              removed by Ebay on May 9 ,2012

Scan 2    scan of Muhammad Ali signed and framed glove, coa Substance Collectables ( as part of Ali Frazier combo), ebay seller  universal-autographs,
               auction 110876511965 , removed by Ebay on May 9, 2012
Scan 3    Kim Kardashian Perfect  Skin Ad
Scan 4     Kim Kardashian Perfect Skin Ad used by Substance Collectables, notice how the product was removed from her hand
Scan 5     Kim Kardashian boxing charity photograph
Scan 6     Kim Kardashian boxing charity photograph used by Substance Collectables

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service