We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

How about an ongoing thread to highlight the new additions to your collection?

Whether it's a through-the-mail freebie or a big buck acquisition... it's all good. Show us what you got!

Views: 235462

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Send him the results of the PSA QO and see what he says.

just contacted him.

Don't pay ANY "restocking fee" (another trick that allows the same item to sold and resold for continued profit while keeping the item). eBay doesn't allow you to engage in a fraudulent sale - I've used that as an out. Forgers are generally none to bright to say the least. Some are.

Sorry, I have to comment.  Forgery is done on an industrial scale on ebay.  I've discussed this at length previously.  Just my opinion, of course, but I believe 85% of all non-certified autographs on ebay are forgeries.  And "certified" means a reputable third party, since most of the COAs on ebay are forgeries also.  And don't take the forgers lightly... at least some are artists.  I believe there is one in particular who supplies forgeries for a cartel operating on ebay and he (or she) is highly skilled.

not at all, I appreciate your comments. my experience has been that ebay sides with the buyer as a matter of good business practice. If for some reason that is not the case, I have karma on my side and that seller must need that $ more than I do

Those are not the norm. Of course it is done on such a scale. But the quality is usually very poor. This thread and the sellers other junk are just 1 example in an avalanche. However, I have made way more than my fair share buying raw on eBay. There is a certain thrill to buying a signed limited Bowie 2010 CD for $79 in broad daylight and making 10 times or more on your expenditure but this is certainly not for everyone. It was authenticated by me, Andy and Mark G. I have yet to see a really good Bowie forgery that can't be dissasembled by one or all three of us. 

I agree that it is indeed possible to buy non-certified on ebay and be very successful.  Again, I posted a discussion on this topic not so long ago.  And yes, most of the forgeries on ebay are laughable.  But saying "most of the forgeries" leaves a goodly number that are not laughable.  

I have yet to see a Gleason forgery that is NOT laughable. Forgers can't even get the date styles correctly. Look at the idiotic Gleason forgeries PSA had up on the Facts page until recently...easily tracked out of Cummings, Georgia.

Fanatics grading launched earlier this year -- part of an apparent push to get more into the trading card space and go up against PSA. FWIW, I don't see the appeal in their grading slabs. The space is already polluted enough with a bunch of fly-by-night grading companies that popped up during the pandemic.

I tend to keep my Ebay purchased autographs to authenticated trading cards like Leaf Pop Century or Panini Americana etc. I'm actually surprised there isn't a forum for trading cards like these here. I actually think they are a better investment than the very mass produced signed cd inserts we have gone crazy over lately. 

I have seen secretarial tight-cut "Gleasons" in these "authenticated" trading cards.. Beware. Even forged secretarials.

This is an example of the signature (by Sydell Spear) that still gets around. This slab company I've never heard of. It's the sig I want to show.

I hope I got lucky a couple of times. bought Brian Jones and Ringo uncertified based on Beckett QO's and submitted for encapsulation when received

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service