We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

How about an ongoing thread to highlight the new additions to your collection?

Whether it's a through-the-mail freebie or a big buck acquisition... it's all good. Show us what you got!

Views: 235177

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Someone hasn't been taking his OCD meds.

Needed to kill some time since it's raining hard this afternoon.  So I decided to upload a bunch of the photos into your website.

Ted,

Well you blew us away. If I only knew you were in San Diego this weekend! We could have had lunch or drinks--I'm only an hour away.

Good gracious. You must be loaded. Thats gotta be in the tens of thousands of dollars worth of stuff if not more. I wish i had that bank account. Awesome stuff. Congrats!

Thanks Chris.  I bought some with cash and traded for the others.

YEAH TED YOU COVERED ALL BASES IN EVERY AUTOGRAPH REALM....SO SWEET

I started just collecting sports autographs for the first two years but soon found it difficult to just stick to sports autographs. 

Ted,

Would you please send me a big, crisp close-up of the Muhammad Ali autograph on your poster? The most common Ali forgeries these days are modeled after mid-80s to mid-90s signatures like yours, so I want to start a discussion to help folks identify them.

If you can help, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks.

editor@autographmagazine.com

Steve, here is one from either 1967 or 1968, my Mom and Dad got it in person at a restaurant in Cape Cod.

Terrier,

Thanks...great piece. I checked it against www.joeheavyweight.com and '67-'68 is in line with their exemplars.

The Ali discussion I want to start will focus on about '85-'95, since they're producing forgeries by the thousands resembling that period like this one:

When I say "resembling" I'm being generous.

yeah, those are all over the place.  but easy to spot.....

I always wished he dated my autograph, because he signed "world boxing champ" while he was in exile. I always thought that was cool.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service