We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hello!!

If the Willie Mays experts can help confirm if this is a real hologram and autograph or a fake? I have heard that there are fake Say Hey Holograms out there. How can one tell if it's real or fake?

Thanks for your time!!

Tags: Willie Mays, fake holograms, say hey

Views: 3150

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The signature looks off to me.  The problem with the hologram, even if real, is that they can be easily removed from a legit ball and added to a fake.

I am not comfortable with this signature. In my opinion, it is consistent with the style that has been  questioned by many educated collectors. Regarding the hologram... no one seems to have definitive answers. Stolen holograms, swapped holograms... counterfeited? Who knows?

In my mind it's a moot point given the signature.

It doesn’t match the examples I’m comfortable with, 

Here is one to compare it to.  It was purchased from Steiner Sports.  Notice that mine was signed with a felt tip pen, and not with a ballpoint pen.

Willie Mays “Say Hey” Autographed Baseball

As others have said, the hologram means nothing. There are authentic examples with the hologram and terrible forgeries. Like this one. My lawyer paid $350 for this garbage at a charity auction. 

Attachments: No photo uploads here

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service