We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I almost pooped my pants at this hilarious set of forgeries listed by eBay seller gfdwarf

One of the worst auctions I've ever seen. "guaranteed to be genuine and authenticate" ROFL. And it looks like the moron even put his name/address. You can't make this stuff up folks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICKEY-MANTLE-ROGER-MARIS-SIGNED-INDEX-CARD...

Tags: Forgery, Mantle, Maris, eBay, forgery, gfdwarf, seller

Views: 762

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

gotcha.

I did go back to the sports connextion dudes ebay page too just now (he was a user named youwonitnow , and he is no longer a registered user... last sale was the one these fine people caught him selling.  As goofy as that guy was (and they dealt with cards and coins) it would not surprise me if he started this up to just get rid of stuff.  He was the one that came in as a 2nd character to defend the 1st character - both with the same IP's but I let him string himself up a few times before I pulled out the chair and let him hang himself.  He also tried to sell them on Craigslist the same day he got nabbed here.  You missed it all, while you were off in Cali that week.

hahahahaha oh s*** I about brought that back up the other day

And the first bid is placed........

Holy crap!!!

Hopefully a shill.

NOTE: I received a message questioning the authenticity of these sigs. I am not representing them as authentic, just showing the COA that came with them. I was told they were real, but please judge that on its own merits, as I know nothing about autograph authenticity. These were thrown in with a large card purchase I made. But I was told they were legit, if not stellar examples. This is a single piece containing apparent signatures from the M&M Boys themselves! Comes complete with C.O.A. but I know nothing of this COA source, so again, judge for yourselves. If they are not legit please don't bid I am not trying to mislead anyone, just offer up what I was told. 
-
From the auction.  Can't make this stuff up haha...

You're right, Mike, you can't make this stuff up.

Perfect, William.

LOL@Stellar examples....

Holy crap!!!!

Now I have seen it all, LOL

Hi here I am into the proverbial Lion's den. I am the eBay seller that listed this and I would like to ask you all for help. My qualification on the listing is 100% true. I bought a big collection of cards and this came with it. The owner told me it was a legit auto, but I do not collect (other than a few as a kid) and honestly know nothing about the auto business. I have no interest in keeping autos, other than those I got personally from the Twins or Vikings as a kid in the 60-70s.

What I do resent is being called a forger. I simply posted this item with the statement of qualification so more knowledgable individuals could decide. I have been on eBay years and have a 100% rating and over 500 feedback. I am just a private baseball card collector who happened to get an auto that I figured I would post, having no idea it's worth. As soon as someone sent me a message doubting its authenticity I immediately posted the statement on the listing making this clear.

I obviously DID NOT write the LOA it came with the item. I agree that it is somewhat laughable. Now I have a couple people having already bid.

So help me out please, what is the right thing to do here? I am a geologist with a wife and four kids. I am not a crook, so please help me understand how to extricate myself from this mudslinging. I perhaps should just throw it away but how would I know to do that when told it was original. I too came up with nothing searching for the authenticator info.

This stinks being sliced up in this blog without any idea, so please help.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan,

The right thing to do is to end the listing immediately and burn that forgery. It is a forgery, without any doubts, and a bad one at that. If you need further confirmation, you can run it by PSA quick opinion, as they are regarded as one of the better authentication companies out there, but they will come back with a negative. The guys on this site who know baseball graphs like the back of there hands (not myself included), will be able to help you much quicker though. And in a way they already have, its a forgery, just burn it.

There is no reason to pass on a bad item, as it continues the cycle. And the guys here are very serious about getting rid of forgeries.

You seem like you might be one of the few that are brought up here on this site, that are well meaning. Unfortunately though, the responsibility of whether its a forgery or not, lies in your hands, since you are offering it. Ebay requires that you take responsibility for the item if you sell it, and that includes its authenticity. For a new autograph seller that can be tough though. One of the best ways to find out if its authentic before posting is to ask for help on sites like this first, or run it by PSA quick opinion. For 7 dollars or so, they will give you an opinion on its authenticity. And PSA and JSA are the 2 big authentication companies in the industry, and know baseball graphs very well. Especially Mantle. So thats a place to start when selling autographs that you arent familiar with. And if you need any help along the way, you can always post here, as the guys here are very knowledgeable. And many of the members here work in the autograph field full time and are authenticators, some for JSA and PSA, the 2 biggest autograph authentication companies. 

Unfortuantely its not worth anything. But, if you can track down the guy who issued that COA somehow, maybe you can make him eat it and pay you some money for your trouble.

Good luck

Carl

Thank you Carl, I will try to end it as it's not worth the bad karma here or anywhere. I just stumbled into a hornets nest on this thing unwittingly. I go from being a guy that bases much of his life on a code of honesty and honor only to be accused of forgery. That doesn't sit well as you can imagine.

I do appreciate your help and would ask that whoever started this blog please edit my seller name from the title. I will end the auction if I can figure out how after getting two bids.

Thank you again for the help.

Dan

RSS

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service