We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

WOULD LOVE TO GET SOME OPINIONS ON THIS AUTO PHOTO - MANTLE, DIMAGGIO, WILLIAMS

I would love to get some expert opinions on the authenticity of the signatures on this photo.

Thanks,

Keith

Views: 1837

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The photo is of Mickey Mantle, Ted Williams and Joe Dimaggio with their signatures. Sorry, I can't help with them, but it helps to list the name of who you want authenticated. There are a lot of Mantle collectors on here who should be able to help with this.

No good in my opinion.  You can tell by the Mantle, he would give someone the best signature possible when he signed and would make sure to fit his autograph in a clear spot.  Where did you get this piece from?

That is just one of the faults that in my opinion, makes this piece bad. The base-line of the Mickey Mantle is wrong.  The beginning of Dimaggio's last name is wrong, in my opinion as well.  

Mantle said (multiple times) that since he made more in one signing than his father had made in a year, he would always sign the best possible autograph.  This is a very common characteristic of a Mantle, and I assure you if you look at authentic examples nearly every one is placed in the most pristine part of a photograph and a baseball.  Hopefully others will chime in and help you out as well.  Send Chris Williams a message, I am sure he will be happy to help you out.  -Mike.   

No problem, any time.

already posted information on this and your particular ebay sale;

http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/mantle-williams-and-...

appears EBAY Authenticators concurred as it; This listing (160850714446) has been removed, or this item is not available

That auction was not removed by you, Keith, Ebay removed it.  If you had cancelled your own auction, it would still be visible.  If Ebay removes the auction, this is what you see when you click on the link to the auction:

Selling outside of EBAY on listed items from EBAY bidders IS a violation of policy and as such you have jepordized your account as a result as well as the buyers.

Knowingly selling a forgery - well that speaks volumes.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/rfe-spam-non-ebay-sale.html

So you sold something and are asking for advice if it's real? I hope you refund that poor buyer knowing that the piece isn't worth a cent

Are you serious, Keith?  This is one of the reasons why we post this crap!!!!!

I agree with Steve and Chris.  You received more than a cent because the buyer (unknowingly of course) bought a common forgery.  Not worth more than the paper it was printed on.  

Forget the fact that the piece is a forgery in the opinion of many others and myself, the moral thing to do would be to refund that buyer and rip that piece in half.  At least let the buyer know that the authenticity of the piece is in question and direct him/her to this site for support.   

Ditto.  First he lied about about cancelling his auction (Ebay removed it) and then he claims he sold it anyway.  You must be proud of yourself, Keith.

You were trying to get an opinion of authentication and sold it anyway? Why? That is a common Mantle forgery style. Do you think it is right to burn others and sell fakes? I saw nobody on here give you any reason to believe that is real. It is crooks like you that keep the forgers fed.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service