We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

I am trying to buy my husband some Zeppelin memorabilia as a gift. I know NOTHING about collecting this stuff. I would love to get him a signed Celebration Day poster but can't find one signed by band members. Did find a few on ebay signed by the artist, but not sure if they are legit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Celebration-Day-Led-Zeppelin-Print-by-Shepa...

This is in celebration of my husband selling his company so I thought this might be appropriate. Can anyone help or make suggestions?

Views: 539

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

While I'm not too sure on the authenticity of the artist, I do know that Zeppelin signatures are very rare and sought after, and fetch SEVERAL thousand dollars. Finding a specific piece of memorabilia will be very difficult, just finding an authentic band piece (even without Bonham) is hard. They're all notoriously hard signers and are picky about what that sign...just want you to know what you are getting into.

Hi Amanda,

First of all, congrats to your husband (and you) for the sale of his company. As a serial entrepreneur myself I know how much hard work is involved in getting to a successful exit. I have several Zeppelin items signed by Robert Plant & Jimmy Page in my collection, but would be willing to part with one in a situation like this. I have attached a photo of the inner sleeve to the Led Zeppelin IV album (with the lyrics to Stairway to Heaven) signed by Page & Plant that I would be willing to sell. It is 100% authentic, and Roger Epperson even stated so in a previous post about this specific piece on this site. I am not a professional dealer, just a fan & collector, and would be happy to send you more pictures or answer any questions. Please send me a private message if you are interested. Either way, good luck in your search and congrats again. Your husband will be thrilled.
Attachments: No photo uploads here

devon-

I would be interested to see the post where Roger Epperson confirmed it as authentic. Also, how much? I don't want to spend over $1000. Thanks for your congrats and willingness to help.

Amanda

Sure thing, Amanda. Here is the link to thread where Roger Epperson commented about the authenticity of this piece: http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/led-zeppelin-page-pl...

Hope this helps. Please send me a direct message if you are interested in the item. Happy to help!

devon-

thanks so much for your help. i opted for a celebration day lithograph because i felt like it went with the theme of celebrating and i loved the colors and such for his office. i got a signed numbered one off ebay (hoping it's real). thanks again.

Please post a picture here. Thanks.

Happy to help, Amanda. Is the lithograph signed by the band or just the artist? I'd love to see a pic. I'm sure your husband will be thrilled. Best of luck, and congrats again.

just the artist. never could find one signed by the band.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service