We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

with all the Fakes being posted because it's just so damn easy to pick most of them out, it's a breath of fresh air to come across a beautiful and Legit set of sigs on ebay

Do you think these are all 4 Legit?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/PINK-FLOYD-MEDDLE-FULLY-SIGNED-HARVEST-VINY...

Views: 2261

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Roger is known to scramble his letters while in a rush or in a crowd. Most of the ones you’re typically seeing nowadays are ones where he’s signing one each for a line of people. Those will look much different.

It’s a very fair price - market price. You don’t see many asking a reasonable amount for these items, most on eBay are 3-4x actual value. I don’t think it will last too long though.

Your inputs are much appreciated Seamus

I imagine for that price it will not last long either

Your Meddle all signed is spectacular

I should add that the mr.sloan link made me suspicious as well

Apparently sold for $5,363.71

"WE SAW PEN PUT TO PAPER. ALL SIGNATURES ARE IRREFUTABLY AUTHENTIC. ARTIST : PINK FLOYD. WE WILL ALWAYS PROVIDE FULL DETAILED PROVENANCE, WHERE IT IS AVAILABLE TO US. WHERE WE ARE ABLE, WE WILL PROVIDE PHOTOGRAPHIC PROOF OF THE SIGNING: THIS IS A GOODWILL GESTURE AND NOT PART OF THE SALE."

Fair price, told ya it would sell in a hurry.

It is market value. If this would be put on an auction like RR, I would expect to see it selling around 6500-8000. You take away auction commissions and you’re close to that 5300 number. 

These are extremely rare to come by and I believe a great investment piece at that price 

I agree Seamus.  Piece has alot of upside in the future as I've only seen one other fully signed Meddle album signed on the Gatefold.  Most signed on the very busy front cover which is not as appealing. Correct me if I'm wrong -- but isn't this the only album where they have large pictures of each member either on the cover or gatefold?

I’ve seen two other Meddle signed on the gatefold. One vintage signed in ballpoint in 72’ and another much like the OP. I haven’t seen any complete signed on the front cover, but I’m sure there may be a few out there..

Ummagumma is the only other album which the band members are featured, on the front cover. A member here owns a complete signed copy. 

"All four signatures have unique characteristics I look for, which is extremely difficult, IMO impossible to replicate."

I cringe every time I hear this.

Evaluating 4 signatures on an album opposed to 1 on something like an index card...Yes I’m pretty confident I can determine authenticity through a number of factors - era, flow, formation, etc

You say the "G" and loop is "impossible" to replicate.  How can you possibly know this?  

It’s not one trait or letter Appleton - it’s a combination of multiple traits in a signature or a set that help determine authenticity. Forgers may get one or two traits down, but not the entire signature. Obviously the more writing the better.

Sorry to be high level here, but it’s 100% a combination

"Forgers may get one or two traits down, but not the entire signature."

Again, how can you possibly know that?  

Because if one did manage to pull it off, you would be oblivious to it.

Sure, in straight theory you would be correct...but that’s why people don’t give all their tells on this site - so forgers don’t learn. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service