We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I have this poster signed from The Wall movie, but when I sought a quick opinion from PSA/DNA, they sent me back a "unlikely to be genuine" verdict, that absolutely gutted me, but I have not given up hope and would like to see if anyone can explain to me why it got that verdict?

there are 8 autographs (all four Floyd.. Bob Geldof, Bob Hoskins, Alan Parker and Nell Campbell) and they all look the real deal to me, when compared to genuine ones - but I am a novice in autographs, but I do know Pink Floyd very well and have a couple of personally signed items from Roger Waters... that seem to match this one very closely. Is this item worth pursuing to be fully authenticated?  or is it so obvious a fake that I would be wasting my time? Any help would be appreciated.

Tags: Floyd, Pink

Views: 5918

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hey man, took a look at your poster and i have to say they may be a total bust dude... I hate saying this to people I really do and it makes me sad. Here is what Rogers signature should look like... sorry man... 

The Pink Floyd signatures do not look authentic.  Here are scans of Pink Floyd signed items:

Hi Ted,

Are the examples listed above authentic examples? I just was wondering b/c the top 2 dont look authentic to me. The 3rd one looks off as well, but i dont feel as sure on that one. But the top 2 just seem off to me. Although this is the opinion of an ammature so please dont take offense. They just look strange to me.

Ted

Are all these examples yours?

I've seen the cards with Syd's signature before. I haven't seen many examples of his sig to know much about it. You 100% sure the two albums( Meddle and The Wall) you've posted as examples are authentic? Curious is all.

Rick

No good.

Thanks Carl and Rick for bringing these items to my attention. I will have them looked at by Roger Epperson. I bought the Poster from Perry Cox and the two albums from an in-person collector. They looked good to me when I bought them. But I will have them checked out just to be sure.

Thanks again.

Ted

Ted,

Perry Cox, lol, wow, then im pretty sure im wrong on that one then. I know he is extremely knowledgeable with the beatles and a few others, so he knows leagues more than i do. So if its a real cert from Cox, its probably legit. It just looked very strange to me, but thats a great piece if its real. I look forward to hearing the result. The 2 albums below it though really just dont look right. I would pay rogers  fee for a quick opinion on each and see whats going on. Hopefully if they are bad you can get your money back.

Carl,

I spent a lot of money on these three items.  I am hoping that they are authentic.  I will definitely let you guys know whether Roger Epperson passes them.  Thanks again.

Ted

Carl,

Roger said that the Wall and the Meddle albums were authentic and Perry Cox said that the poster was authentic.

Here is a Bob Geldof sig he did for me on my Live Aid book.

I seldom see his sig. anywhere.

He wrote,To Mark love Bob Geldof

thanks for the pics, my untrained eye sees a lot of similarities to the ones on the poster of mine, probably wishful thinking,

Could you take a look at my pics on my profile page, several Floyd that since receiving a real Roger Waters one from Roger, made me think  UH OH to some of my others...

Thanks to all for comments, seems pretty unanimous that the poster is a dud :( .

I must say how fantastic it has been to find such an enthusiastic and helpful bunch of people, so unusual on the net these days, where most seem to use the protection of cyberspace to be complete wankers to one another!!!

for all those that helped, I would like to let you know that I am an auto electrician and if I can assist in any problems you have with the electrics in your car, just drop me a message and I will assist in any way I can.

I have here two (2) 100% genuine Roger Waters signatures. these were sent to me and my wife for traveling to London to see The Wall Live in 2011... only to find out two weeks after we got back to Australia, that they announce that they were going to bring the show to Australia!!!!  I wrote to Roger Waters with pics of tickets, (plane and concert) and he sent me these two signed items as way of apology / understanding.... the guy is a legend, 

I "donate" these pics to this website to show what 2 February 2012 Roger Waters signatures should look like

Thanks again, and keep being decent people... such a refreshing experience.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service