We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi, is this real please? 

Views: 1059

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't think so. You said everything or nearly everything in this thread is secretarial but you can't or won't show why or an authentic example so I ask again - can you please post what you consider an authentic early 1940's Cary Grant signature (or signatures)? 

Eric  -  I never said anywhere above that everything or nearly everything is secretarial (and that I won't indicate anything as real).  I just now 10 minutes ago indicated Michael's as a nice example for one.   

I'm at work presently and don't have the time for yet another match that will end up leaving us both frustrated.  I just want to make very clear (as I said from the start) that I would not recommend the purchase of the original posted item.

There is no "match" and I'm sorry if you are frustrated. You indicated at least 4 were secretarial or "seemed" secretarial. I asked you several times to post something that would further the discussion of these signatures for Minnie and you eventually pointed to Michael's 1942 which I thanked you for and will again. Thank you :-)

Perhaps we are reading the thread differently with you at work and me at home. I do not wish any "match" as you mentioned - just to try and help Minnie. :-) In other words, I value your opinion. :-)

When I'm told:

"You said everything or nearly everything in this thread is secretarial" (when I never said any such thing)

and:

"you can't or won't show why or an authentic example" 

----yeah-----It's time for me to jump off the thread. 

Calm. How is that different than you telling me Raab and I said "always" with regard to 11x14's when that is clearly not the case? The linked page said "90%". There is NO NEED to get excited or angry or whatever. When you don't show something asked for at least 8 times in several ways what else is there apart from "can't" or "won't"? There is "didn't". Maybe you were busy. That is "can't" as in "unable".  

What did you say wasn't secretarial apart from Michael's? That is easier to answer.

The goal here for me is to help Minnie, not argue amongst ourselves. 

"When I'm told:

"You said everything or nearly everything in this thread is secretarial" (when I never said any such thing)"

That might depend on how you read the responses. It seems to me you commented on several (OP, (PSA?) Gilmore handbill and Naval Aid Hollywood Autograph Club card certainly) and only 1 was authentic in your opinion (Michael's). I asked "Do you think everything in this thread secretarial or just 2? Can you post what you consider authentic vintage Eddy? Thank you. :-)" and right after "Is this secretarial?" and then "Is this?" and your next reply was "Yep". Perhaps I read wrong.

Eddy, do you consider the document or contract signature secretarial as well?

I will say I asked 8 times in several ways for you to post an authentic example or evidence of secretarials to help this discussion and Minnie (and me) with no response. Of course, responding is the prerogative of any member, but I had hoped you would in this case since you immediately called out the OP at least as a secretarial.  

Hi again, Minnie -

If there's anything that I can help with further, just private message me like before and I'll be happy to help if I can.

Thanks Eddy, sorry to open a can of worms here, I won’t be bidding on the picture. I know absolutely nothing about genuine autographs but I  know the people on here do I’m always amazed by your expertise. Even if it was a small percentage that the signature wasn’t real , the picture wouldn’t mean a thing to me I’m more of a fan and not a collector. I’ll post this to Eric too. I really appreciate the time people put in on here to help, thank you :) 

I add this 1942 contract signature to the discussion. It matched the PSA contract signature also from 1942.

From what has been discussed and shown in this thread this is to be considered secretarial also. On 2 contracts - a bit odd.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service