We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Views: 1782

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I understand your points john

But when looking at only the sigs, then it becomes more clear to being fakes. Certain authentic traits aren't there.

And how often have you seen Nirvana sign their names so close together and in orderly fashion? Normally they are spread out from each other.

See if you can find some comparisons with your in person ones. That might help alot. Hopefully you have them on file.

belive it or not all my nirvana in persons were signed on top of each other just like this

they cramed it in and stacked them in a kinda list just this one

so its a very early sig and that's common for them from that time

The music executive runs a little thin after hearing it for many years, A music ex B buys from a music ex, so therefore it has to be real, right?

Nice signed Nevermind poster. Can you please post a cleare pic?? Thanks

Here are some examples of all 3 Nirvana full autographs.

I have no reason to doubt your experience

Hopefully you can find authentic examples to compare

You know my opinion and I wouldn't buy these. It's everyone on the same page or it's a pass.
Is there a Kurt on this example?

yup hes the top sig ligiting suxed its a file copy in my computer 

kurt wrote autographed by kurt

there in a list in sigs

Ya i see it now.
Sorry I'm looking on my phone in the sun.

That Kurdt is definitely authentic.
And sadly does not match the poster example.

I've experienced first hand how fallible these music ex and experts can be without dragging people through the mud.

The express purpose of posting the poster was to solicit authenticity opinions. From what I saw, I felt the signatures had potential to be real - but agree they certainly need further discussion.

FWIW, I was the owner-operator of an indie record store back in the late 1980s - 2006. My passion and job centered around indie bands, whom I'd go see before any hype. I could tell stories of driving the Smashing Pumpkins back to their hotel after their first Ohio show because they'd gotten loaded and forgotten where it was. Or Husker Du's Grant Heart helping break into my car because I was so excited about seeing them - I'd locked my car and left the keys in the ignition. Of seeing the White Stripes and Black Keys playing to a crowd of 20.

At those early shows, the bands LOVED any and all attention you could give them, were genuinely glad to see you, including Nirvana. If you had a college radio show, or a record store, that was huge phatness to them and they'd sign anything, taking their time, chatting you up and be thrilled to do so, especially after bouncing around hungover and starved in their filthy van.

And that's what I felt when I saw the poster, signatures that weren't rushed, believing they were possibly legit. Because I'd seen them and many other bands sign that way before, carefully, unrushed and with pleasure.

But John's right - Nirvana sigs are ridiculously hard to verify, due to the abovementioned factors. And, after September of '91, forget it. Once they hit the charts and MTV, they could've cared less about signing.

Hopefully we'll get this poster figured out. Which is why this group is so invaluable.

I will literally eat a crow if these are proven to be real.

I dont see any mystery at all.

Can anyone explain the horrific “o” and “y” in Courtney and all the starts and stops therein pointed out by Woody?

Why do 2 sigs from each band (at a minimum) look written by the very same hand?

And why on God’s green Earth would anyone buy it for 3500 and then sell it at a 2500 loss? Authentic Nirvana and full Hole w/ Curt’s future wife. Think about that for one minute. Really ponder it.

Nothing makes sense about these. From the basic observation of the handwriting to the latest sale. The only thing being sold is a story from an unnamed “music exec” 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service