We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hello Everyone,

I am on the verge of making a decision on whether to go for an early Judy which has a few atypical characteristics. However, a very generous fellow collector has dedicated his time to reassure me that 'yes' It is authentic despite Its oddities. I highly respect and value this collector's opinion.

I have run out of time to seek a third-party authentication but hope to hear as many opinions as I can, In the time before the auction. Anyone Is welcome to contribute. personally, I have only seen such a clean vintage Judy come up for sale, no more than a handful of times In the past decade. But then again, this SP has an estimate of 2k which I envision it will surpass. So, I need to be certain, In order to feel confident In spending that much money.

Just for reference, my Issue with the photo Is mostly In 'Judy' and 'Sincerely'. I have gone through dozens of authentic examples and cannot find a defiant match. I will include a few of these examples for anyone who would like a closer look.

Grateful to anyone who helps out!

All the best

Views: 809

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Eric,

I totally understand the point you're trying to make. Unfortunately, I cannot comment on your Bowie's because I have no knowledge whatever of his autographs. But what I can say Is the autograph I had In mind defiantly could have been authentic.

Looking back, I think I made the right decision. There were a lot of funny things about It that Etienne and Dan pointed out. Some of which, I just couldn't ignore. Seeing how no one can ever guarantee an autograph to be 100% authentic without an in-person photo or strong provenance. I think It Is always best to play these things safe, and look for an autograph that the mass including myself find unmistakably authentic.

Thank you again for the help Eric!

Thank you, Angus :) You did the right thing - you have to be comfortable! Looking forward to the next contender.

Its a very laboured and atypical sig and hesitant sig.  I think you did well to pass

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service