Just saw someone's recent Elvis post and thought I would add mine to a discussion.  This came directly from Perry Cox, obviously, a highly reputable source.  A COA from Perry as well.  I've always felt the signature (on a 5 x 7 magazine page) was a little too shaky, with stops-and-starts and it concerned me at the time. However, given Perry's confidence and assurance, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to purchase it. I remember that Perry had explained to me, at that time, that Elvis went through some periods of being in an "altered state" and that could possibly explain it's shakiness.  Just wanted to see if any of you with more experience than I in this area than I had any opinions on this. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you...

Views: 3294

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

A couple of thoughts...

• I would not want anything in my collection that educated collectors could reasonably question. Even if I knew it was authentic, if it is atypical enough to raise eyebrows, I avoid.

• Assuming I was willing to accept atypical examples, I would want all the reassurance I could get to assure myself it was indeed authentic. In this case, I would get opinions from Roger and Rich in addition to the existing Cox opinion. I do not see it as pitting expert against expert, it's obtaining as much data as possible to make an informed decision.

Rfitzz,

I didn't realize that you bought this in 2000. Authentications that far back are not as reliable as reputable authentications today. In any case, I would spent the $15 or $30 to have it examined by Consola and/or Epperson. It's an inexpensive way to get an idea of where you stand.

Great! 

+1

Grandeeeee steve zarelli!!! This is the question of all! Great! Thus is the final point!!

I agree that it would be worth paying for additional opinions. You may very well have an Elvis signed magazine page with shakiness due to being signed on an uneven surface. If you purchased it in 2000, I assume that it would now be worth substantially more than what you paid, and you therefore have to be especially careful.

I agree with Ballroom. This is page 1 of Elvis's 1970 letter to Richard Nixon. It's on American Airlines stationery and he wrote it on the plane. 

To me... 

This writing matches the OP item. 

What I was specifically looking at is present in both pieces 

I also see similarities there. Can anyone post an example with an "H" that resembles the one in "Wishes" from the example in the OP?

Remember that the nixon letter is 1970... 

To be honest, I have never seen a legit 'Best Wishes' autograph from Elvis.  Im sure they are out there, but not common. Most are signed > from, thanks, yours, and love ya.  The Best Wishes would raise a flag for me, as I have seen many forgeries signed with that.  Anyway to see a real 'h' for comparison, here is one in Thanks

Was it not shown or mentioned a while back that some checks auctioned by Graceland are not genuine but by Vernon or staff etc.?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service