We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Wondering what you guys think. I do notice the "E" being taller than the "L" which might be unusual. COA from Richard Bond.

Views: 1999

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Gio,

I don't like it, and I don't think the White exemplar is helping.

Keep us posted with Rogers opinion. I'm seeing a different hand and would like to learn more about Elvis signatures.

Eric

Elvis can be crazy tough, Eric. If I was forced to pick one or the other on this one, I would pick genuine.

Hi Steve,

Oh, I know. I said I did not like it, not that it is a forgery. I am not an Elvis guy, and am looking to learn as I mentioned above. What do you make of the bottom of the "E" with the slant/nature of the "l" and the "res" in tandem with known exemplars?

Eric

Hi Eric,

The image is too small and unclear to get a good look at the autograph, but it looks to me like the book's cover is glossy. If so, the signer would have needed to use more pen pressure when they signed so the ink didn't skip. That could explain unusual features.

Hi Steve,

Yes and yes. This image is too small. My feeling as well re gloss and pressure/variance. So, I looked at other glossy material with ballpoint and "Thanks" and still am not finding the seemingly odd "El" formation which also seems to be present in the "Th" of "Thanks", but the gloss/pressure could explain the "res". I show some of what I am seeing. I understand forgeries of Presley can be very good, and his genuine signature appears to exhibit variances anyway so I can't really say more. I'm looking to learn. I really want to guess this is genuine, much in favor, but I won't just yet. Right now, I'm not sure".

I am looking at the curved nature and slant of the "Th" in "Thanks" marked in black below on the first two exemplars, and the very straight equivalent in red in the last example which is the questioned one. Gloss might account for that I suppose, or simple variance as I have obviously not seen enough Elvis sigs. Also, "the up and down" of the "El" about where they cross (small red arrow and on up); as the stroke becomes an "l" it  wavers in two directions, shown in red as well. That does not seem as likely to be caused by gloss/pressure etc. There are other things, but I am not sure what they mean. What do you think?

Eric

Hi Steve,

I am leaning heavily to your position.

Eric

I still don't like it Gio...

It too closely resembles a boatload of Elvis forgeries that were sold on eBay about 6 or 7 years ago. 

An eBay seller "named " Christina Reading had a pile that looked like this ...and a sad story to go with them. "She" didn't just provide an LOA....she provided a GOA !!!!!.....a GUARANTEE of authenticity !!!!

Paragraph after paragraph of un-checkable b******* accompanied her Elvis autographs...it was exhausting just reading to the end of her eBay auction sales pitch.

Her items would almost always apper on these kinds of things...where you invent a story that would sound plausible....that would pass the sniff test....ya' Elvis was there then and...ya' Elvis loved  cops....etc. etc. etc. It was an elaborate operation on her part believe me...

This one looks very much like the material she was selling... 

What could go wrong ???

I'll let you answer that...

Interesting, Don. Thanks for telling us about that.

Has anyone done an Elvis autograph search on Google to see if there are any similar autographs out there to compare with? I think they would be more likely to make me lean towards fake more than real.

Cristina Reading of Bakersfield California.

UACC member #8896 is how she advertised herself...

She used this information to sell an estimated  3 hundred Elvis on eBay...Yes....I said 3 hundred Elvis autographs...

Steve do you or any of the UACC supporters/members/dealers here know of her and can you determine if is she is still an UACC member ??

She seems to have used the UACC  as both a springboard and cover to commit numerous fraudulent eBay transactions.

She even included the 15 point UACC Code of Ethics in her auctions...

As I said earlier....an very elaborate scammer...

Perhaps she is deserved of special attention and a separate thread ?? Your thoughts ?

I'm leaning towards not genuine now. Thanks Don and Eric.

Thank you Steve...

Don't know if you missed it but I'd thank you even more  if you could give me your thoughts on UACC member #8896 Cristina Reading ??

While she doesn't appear to be on eBay any longer she did immeasurable damage while she was there with sale of upwards of 300 fakes Elvis autographs.

Does anyone here know this woman ??  Is she still a  UACC member #8896 ??? 

Her  last given postal address was Bakersfield California. 

Thanks Steve and anyone else who can contribute...

Hi Steve,

Sure. I also thank Don. I will continue to "err" on the side of caution and trust my instincts and try to learn more and more and more still. I must try to say less and listen more as well.

Eric

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service