We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Does anyone here knows a company that goes by the name pf "Field of Dreams"? Can I trust them? Thanks in advance!!

Views: 709

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Check this discussion out. You will get your answer.

http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/field-of-dreams-in-l...

On the Internet, I found 2 website with this name:

http://www.fieldofdreamsscottsdale.com/index.htm

http://www.fieldofdreams.com/

Are they the same company? Are they related to the one in the discussion that you gave the link to?

Many if not all Field of Dreams stores are franchises and each may have its own website. Their licensed signing inventory like Steiner, etc., should always be fine, of course. But be as careful as you would when buying from any other seller when buying other autographs. 

and like Midas franchises are essentially independent for the most part and set their own practices in motion.

As the thread above points out - Field of Dreams and Mounted Memories were subisdiaries of Dreams Inc., which has now been consumed by FanaticsInc.com  

However, my understandint is that the former Dreams Inc., still runs independently from a servicing perspective.   I have not read or seen anything that would want to make me run in and purchase anything from one of these Field of Dream franchises.  Anything with MM or other subs would cause me to veryify it's authenticity as well.

Manon, the link J. Seah posted is a prime example of some of the problems this franchise has.  They sell a lot of Mounted Memories (who they are either owned by or closely affiliated with, I believe) and Upper Deck Authenticated items, and the items they sell from modern athletes are authentic.  But, once outside this comfort zone, it can get ugly.  Aside from the episode depicted in the link below, here are the two biggest problems I have with them:

1) Miserably overpriced.  Sports autographs - especially those authenticated by a big name (UDA, MM, Steiner, Tristar, etc) are expensive.  But all of Field of Dreams' items are marked up to the point where they're pretty non-competetive.  On almost any given item, I can guarantee finding a much, much better price, even on top quality authenticated items.

2) They continue to sell celebrity signed items despite being completely incompetent in this area.  I've flipped through some nicely framed garbage on several occasions.  Some of the forgeries are so poor that I just can't believe they continue to dabble in this.  They clearly have one or more bad suppliers and no real skill at determining what's fake and what's real.

Thanks Rich! I guess I will ask your opinions guys on an item that I'm interested in. If you think it is genuine or not. It is signed by Russell Crowe and Christian Bale.

What do you think about those autographs?

Funny you should ask about Bale, as there have been a couple of discussions about his signature - including this one:

http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/need-your-opinion-re...

I have only the most general sense for Bale and Crowe, but my instinct is that it is not authentic.  The report I get about Bale is that he ALWAYS personalizes, and the authentic photos you see for sale generally have the inscription removed with only the "Regards" left.  This looks like it may be a poster, so an inscription removal should be more obvious (maybe I'm wrong on that, but I would think that would be the case).  The signature also looks a bit too nice.  If the poster is in mint condition that might be a red flag, as is the fact that they both signed in the same pen.  These aren't smoking guns, but legit concerns to consider.

I know there are several very competent in-person collectors on this forum who will have good input on the signatures.  I could be off-base with my general assessment.

Yeah, I know this discussion since I'm the one who started it. :-)

I do agree that the personalisation - if there was one - should be more obvious if it was removed. It's very sad, because I love this poster. And since it's not directly from Field of Dreams, but from another seller, the price is very reasonable. It would have made a great thing to frame and put on my wall if it had been genuine. Thank you for your input!

Ha, so much for me paying attention!  Sorry I didn't notice. 

Let's see what the call is from the more knowledgable experts on both sigs before throwing in the towel on it.

I personally don't like them...there has been lots of bad items linked to the name...not all but a good chunk of forged items are out there from them...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service