We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I would be interested to know what members thought about buying first edition books.  Some of the less recent ones look in very poor condition yet the estimates remain very high

Views: 552

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Candid and Exemplar Kiyoshi Kikkawa 9.13.53

Kiypshi Kikkawa was a man who turned bad into good. He was terribly burned in the bombing and spent several years in the Red Cross Hospital. By 1951, citing bad food and inadequate medicine, he left with his wife. By this time he was quite well known because the US press labelled him "Joe Kikkawa Victim No. 1". He was paraded around and photographed mercilessly for the press of many nations. Anyway, he left. He opened a shop selling artifacts from the bombing to GI's mostly in 1951-53 during the Korean conflict. His widow recalls he wore out many pairs of shows walking miles to visit the victims of the bombing who would not be seen in public. Hibakusha. It was he who was responsible for raising the voices to save the Dome structure still standing today that we know. I could say so much more.

Kiyoshi would have me say only - "No more Hiroshimas!"

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service