We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

The scan isn't great, but does this Ford autograph look authentic?  Sold by Gary Harvey

Views: 2860

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

After talking with Gary Harvey, I am sending it back and he is sending me the bottom Clint Eastwood in this scan.  It has a higher chance of being authentic than the Ford, so if I am going to be stuck with an autograph I might as well be stuck with that.  Anyways, I advised him to question his source (has yet to tell me who he bought it from) and possibly submit it to a TPA if he is so confident in its authenticity.  However, the UACC was no help in initiating the return in my experience.  I will keep this discussion up so other people can read my experience with both parties, Gary Harvey and the UACC. 

I think its bad you can't get your money back  in the circumstances you have outlined.   However, do you want a C Eastwood sig?

He really should refund the money, I am not that great on Ford but I have real doubts on that "Eastwood". I would never do business with him.

It was a first and last for me.  I recommended Gary Harvey to come on here and talk about the signature but he doesn't have good remarks for the forum apparently.  Hopefully the Eastwood is good, it looks like it could be authentic based on his in person signature.   Anything is better than the Ford at this point.  I plan on submitting the Eastwood to PSA; if it fails, it is going right back.  Awaiting his acknowledgment with regard to PSA.  At this point it is just principle.  If you offer a lifetime guarantee, live up to it.

When I recommended him to get the Ford checked out by a TPA or question his source he replied:

"That's fine
I am happy with the outcome and lessons learnt from this"

Not sure what lessons he's learned, but I certainly wont be purchasing autographs unless they come with iron-clad proof.  This experience soured the hobby for me in the respect of taking chances.    

People that sell forgeries don't like this forum, that's a fact.

Sorry this is happening to you. Whether the gentleman has problems with this forum or not he should have good communication with you and back everything up. Integrity is everything with autograph sellers (I am a fellow collector, so I know how you feel).

Thanks Ian. I appreciate it. This forum is a necessity for the hobby, and provides excellent resources to reduce the chances of getting burned on questionable autographs. I can say that being a member here is the reason most of my purchases (besides this Ford) have been successful and authentic autographs. Hopefully it all works out in the end. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

That E bugs me but why not see what the TPA says?

The UACC Registered Dealer program does not recognize PSA/DNA or JSA.
That is a shame, Steve. I am going to send it for my own piece of mind, but if it fails I am just going to send it back to Gary. I dont want to own anything that is questionable. The Eastwood looks like it could be a genuine in person signature, much more so than the Ford at least..
Make sure Gary will accept their decision if they fail it. As a UACC RD, he doesn't have to.

By no means do I consider myself as knowledgeable in all things Eastwood, as I am with other modern celebs, but if you plan on sending that into a TPA , you might as well just light $50 on fire.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service