We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

They have several once upon a time cast members and a signed picture with multiple cast members.

Views: 9319

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I ll check tonight . I am on my phone right now and wont be home till later tonight . American Hustle premiere is tonight in hollywood !!

thanks for your input Anthony.

Funny, the 1 person in this thread who said he actually compared them to ones he got himself, feels confident in them.

But the 3 who stated they don't know anything about the people on the item, don't.

I think Anthony has a good point, if you DO NOT know the signatures then you should do some homework or not comment at all. I think too many times people just assume no one can obtain that many signatures on one item with perfectly placed signatures, spacing etc and that is simply not the true all the time. Do celebs trash stuff on purpose from time to time? YES they do, do they do it all the time NO they don't. There are certain celebs that no matter what, where or how will trash items on purpose but in a calm setting with not many graphers for the most part the casts are good and you can get cast signed pieces done. I'd admit if you said this was signed at a premiere or something and be this neat Id second guess it but on set there isn't many people there yes it is possible.

I by no means am an expert on these particular signatures and looking at them first without knowing the signatures and/or the signing habits I'd think they were bad too based on the spacing and the same color blue sharpie but looking at the exemplars that were posted in the book I'd say they match up to those.

As for Ryan's example with the circles on it I'd say you are off with your analysis this time and I usually always agree with you but I honestly just cant this time (no offence).

I know that you don't necessarily have to get in person signatures to be able to compare them to others that have been "authenticated" or known authentic exemplars but at the end of the day I'd take the opinion of someone who has actually obtained them in person like Anthony over an opinion based on comparing them to something else that may or may not even be authentic.

I'd be willing to bet if this was taken to PSA/DNA they probably wouldn't be able to render an opinion on it because they don't have exemplars however my question is and has been for a while how do we or anyone else for that know how they get their exemplars?  I personally do a lot of events and I've NEVER once seen an "authenticator" from PSA/DNA or JSA for that at any of the events. So with that being said do they take one exemplar from someone they know (lets say Press Pass Collectibles) and they use that for their exemplars? I'm using that company because they seem to be the ONLY ones with certain celebrities "authenticated" by PSA/DNA. I know I'm getting off the subject but figured I'd bring it up but while I'm on it lets take Lady Gaga for instance, Press Pass seems to be the only ones certed by PSA/DNA and they look horrible but I know people that got her in person and they wont cert it.

I'd also like to say kudos to Jason who mentioned Radio Man in this thread and although 99% of the people on this blog have no idea who Radio is a true hustler/grapher knows exactly who Radio is..

As for Canadagraphs, it's appreciated that you came on here to defend yourself and even though not everyone agrees with you that's just how it is sometimes but at least you had the sack to defend yourself and your company now if we can get some of the other people that actually sell bad signatures to come on here we may be able to get something accomplished.

As I stated earlier, I have actually seen psa/dna "authenticators" looking on a laptop for "exemplars" on eBay...  also, JSA approached me once trying to work out a deal to sell their holograms at VERY discounted cost.  authentication is a scam and a joke.  the only real authentication is trusting the people that you buy from.  Canadagraphs and Outlaw_hobbies can be 100% trusted in this hobby.

I am done with this thread. If CanadaGraphs got these in person that is fine and I will live with the fact that perhaps I was wrong on a "Once Upon A Time" cast signed photo. (ROFL).

I do think the evidence is overwhelming (IMHO) that many of outlaw_hobbies stuff is same hand. A stance which I provided several scans of to back up my opinion.

There is no need to ROTL with the conclusion you came to, it's fact, you were wrong.

I checked a little on the outlaw hobbies ebay . Some looked dead on to authentic ones that Ive gotten . I dont know to much on hockey . But there hollywood looks ok. There where a few I didnt like at all . I know some collectors that live up in canada who do the sets and airports and can verify there signatures with outlaws soon.

Their hockey autographs look good to me. Not an expert, but I see good characteristics (mainly Phaneuf, Gretzky, Clarkson). The Clark looks a bit off to me, but if its in-person it could very well just be a sloppy example (as are the Gretzkys) 

I've taken a look at their site as well and compared with the autographs that I have got in person myself over the years, I can see nothing wrong with any of the autographs that they list.  I have said this before and I will say it again, signatures can differ from time to time due to the situation that they are signed in.  I have got autographs from different people for example Marrisa tomei.  Any real collector knows how bad of a signer she is.  Two times I got her in the last two years, once on a red carpet her graph was "M", then I got her alone by myself and I got a "To Jason, Marrisa Tomei" still kind of sloppy, but it can be read.  Canadagraphs got these autographs at the set, where he pretty much lives, when you get graphs at a set its a controlled calm situation where good graphs can be had, nice ones with nice placement.  Same goes for Outlaw_hobbies, I believe that they get their graphs in the same type of situations.  just my opinion, an opinion of someone who has thousands of autographs signed in person for over 10 years, not someone who is sitting behind a computer comparing fakes to real graphs and they dont know it. 

Jason, there is no need to belittle people in the thread with the "not someone who is sitting behind a computer comparing fakes to real graphs and they dont know it."  All of the people involved in this thread contribute a lot of work trying to make sure people are not getting ripped off.   And 99% of the time they are spot on.  If autograph collectors/sellers were not scrutinized at all - ever, the hobby would be 10x worse than it is in my opinion. 

I do want to thank you though for weighing in on the thread.  It helps to have all the pieces and opinions.

I will only comment on items with which I am familiar, and I will comment on outlaw hobbies baseball autographs that are currently for sale.  earlier in this thread I presented some comparisons between known authentic examples, and outlaw's offerings. several of them are questionable at best.  

All of the great work Ryan does for these boards far outweighs the fact that he may be wrong here. I understand you may not like the guy or take exception to his questioning your pieces, and I would too. I think the evidence you've provided and others weighing in to support you does not damage your credibility or reputation. But you could also investigate a little to the numberous posts Ryan makes everyday exposing 100% known forgers/forgeries. He may have stepped out of his wheel-house taking on a OUAT cast piece, but I, for one, am very appreciative of the work he does exposing baseball/football/basketball forgeries.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service