We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Iconic Auctions offering David Gilmour *COPIED* Signature - BAS Authenticated

Would like to expose another Gilmour autograph, this time coming from our friends at Iconic Auction. Currently listed is a cassette 'signed' by David Gilmour of Pink Floyd.

Problem is that the signature matches identically to a cut offered on this site a few years ago that was previously certed by PSA. After examining the cassette, there are some oddities in ink which make me believe that the signature from Iconic is a copy from the original offered here. You be the judge.

Yet again, another BAS blunder - in my opinion of course.

Iconic Auction:

http://iconicauctions.com/Pink_Floyd__David_Gilmour_Signed__Obscure...

Autograph Live

https://live.autographmagazine.com/group/free-autograph-buy-sell-tr...

Views: 5561

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, you certainly know how to add excitement to a discussion.

Excellent info. "Huge"...Would that it were generally more surprising. :(

Thanks Rick!!!

Rick,

By "He told me they passed items even after discussing the items were bad," do you mean that they agreed the autographs were bad, or that, say, Tony thought the autographs were bad and the other authenticators thought they were good?

He never said that they all agreed something was bad and they just passed it. He did say they had items where the consensus thought it was bad and Steve overrode them. Not sure who all the consensus was. They sent things to other people to look at through texts and sometimes they would get negative opinions and it would get stickered. One instance was an MJ album that was discussed on here. Wascher and others said it was bad. He did say they discussed the thread that was here and that Steve approved it anyway and told them if it popped up on here not to reply so it will die down quickly. He did say Brian thought it was bad.

Im not home right now but will look when I get home. Pretty sure I saved a picture of it.

Wow Rick!!!! 

Here is the MJ chat I was talking about.

This is one of the Roger Waters we talked about. There were a grip of them submitted in one order. Coicindently for the same seller of the piece discussed here.

Here is how the best authenticator authenticated stuff. Was told he only seen exemplars used a handful of times. Usually just authenticated by glancing at items or get this......by google.

Top authenticator does not know Mike Trout, the current #1 baseball guy. Hmmmmm

Here is one the first week he got to Beckett. They had him solicite people he knew to do bulk authenticating. Offered it to me for $5 bucks each and hinted that everything would pass. I immediately called and asked him why he would say that or how he knew it would all pass. He hadn’t seen some of my autographs. Thought my buddy had turned to the dark side and wanted to hear it. He was desperate to keep his job since he had just moved to Dallas for it. He told me hated doing it and he felt sleazy. He told me Steve told him to tell people that to hook them so he can cover his payroll as they traveled to do large authentications for the likes of Press Pass and Iconic among others. I don’t sell autographs so I passed on the deal. Wanted to make side money while they were out authenticating for Press Pass. Also said they celebrated every time they stole one of these large deals from PSA and he was familiar with their reputations. But they Brian and Steve kept saying things like “you know what this means” without really specifying and again told him to stay off message boards and not reply to anything.

This is chat when I asked him about Steve Grad posing with Brian and the Press Pass guys. And the authenticator endorsing the seller as the largest seller of authentic autographs in the country.

Another example chat. I could post hundreds of these but don’t have the time. He sent me all these they passed that the authenticity was questioned but passed anyway because of who the submitter was.

Here is one of the messages on what Tony really thought of them. And a message from him asking me to send him all the sh1t he sent me to keep for him so it wasn’t in his computer. I did talk him out of doing anything because he thought he signed a non-disclosure and I didn’t want him sued cause he was not in a good place to handle that. Told him I would do it when he was ready. Guess now I can. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service