We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Thoughts on this signed copy of Hey Grandude please?

Tags: McCartney, Paul

Views: 2862

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, Servi. Yes, I see your point. It's quite interesting that this autograph has clear lines and so does the heart, by the way the heart ends in dots. Yet the last line fades at its end. Maybe that's when he switched the felt pen?

Could you share a partial comparison (similar to that you shared on page 1) of the last line of 8 confirmed genuine ones?

Servi, I really wish you had shown the whole signatures, and larger.

You really think a forger can't go and get 8 examples? There are how many from this book just on this site...in this thread? 

In the 8 exemplars you showed there at least 3 variations of just the "a".

1/4 have a deep "u".

The very first that started the thread or?

Servi there is definitely a similar pattern to the ones you posted, and they also match what we have seen in his other books.  My concern with Paul's signature is how easily it can be forged, or at least attempted, and these little differences are concerning to me.

I would not collect that example. I like the first one Ballroom posted.

This is the one I am speaking of - on the bottom:

what a fascinating discussion .  Thanks Servi

For what its worth, I am not a fan of the one in the OP.  When compared to his other book style signatures, it isnt angled enough and the exaggerated "u" throws it off to me.  This is one of these that I would not want in my collection.

one thing I find interesting is that the ones that have is name only (the other signer on the opposite page) seem to be the ones in question.  in this example, which I believe was signed at the event, both names are on the same page.  is it possible that she signed a bunch of books on her own and someone added Paul's signature later?

I was wondering the same thing.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service