We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Hi,

This guy has a lot of stuff but it seems to be done by GA, not GAI. How does he look and is GA better than GAI? I know the backstory and that GA had some mantle issues, but is GA a complete waste of time?

Views: 2228

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Christopher, if you look at the exact wording again - he actually leaves himself an out by not specifically saying that everything he sells is in person.  He essentially just states that he gets in-person autographs, which may certainly be true.  It's a weak statement that actually looks stronger than it is at first glance.

I'm reminded somewhat of a UK seller we were talking about on the ACAF forum sometime ago.  Someone was asking about this particular seller, and the feelings were tilting toward positive.  I noticed that this seller had a small inventory of top NFL stars:  Rodgers, Favre, Montana, Marino, Aikman, Kelly, etc.  And they all looked . . . pretty decent.  Here's the fun part: They were all signed 8 x 12 photos with no authenticity certification at all.  I had to explain why this was a huge red flag, as silly as it seemed to some of the UK collectors.

Yeah, Richard, they always have an out.  One thing is for sure and that is that all of the Derek Jeter autographs he sold all came from the same source or were penned by the same person, and that person was not Derek Jeter in my opinion. 

One thing is for certain and that is that Global Authentics authenticates (and authenticated) all of his autographs, including all of those Derek Jeter autographs that look like they came off an assembly line.

I am bewildered however that EBAY does not have the individual under further investigation based on the evidence that must have been submitted & evaluated to remove all the GA Derek Jeter certed items.

Granted GA is considered an EBAY Reputable Authenticator so that in and of itself must be causing embarrassment for the parties involved.  Notwithstanding that PR problem it strikes me that EBAY ought to be following up on these questions.   Are they?   Perhaps they ought to be the ones that get the answers.

after reading this continued dribble, I must kick myself in the A$$ for petitioning for your return when you got booted off, 'er "quit" the site.  Live and learn, so they say! 

Mike...I'm not taking offense at this, and if you knew DB like I do you probably wouldn't either. DB is a good guy and anything but malicious. I am tied up right now, but I'll comment by the morning. I'm at a conference and didn't realize I'd have such a packed evening, so I'm way behind on moderation here.

Thanks,
Steve
But better than to be called a crook by someone who does.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service