We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi friends,

A few years back, I had the opportunity to purchase a bundle of cool MJ stuff from his one-time personal assistant. Among these things are his original insurance card from Blue Cross, Bad tour itineraries with dozens of handwritten notes (not MJ's hand) mentioning Bubbles, Brando, Dustin Hoffman and David Geffen as well as others, copies of his credit cards, driver's license, etc. and some candid backstage photos and a few autographed items.

Im wondering if any of you could help me assign any kind of value to these things, as I'm sure they are quite rare and worth something to the right collector. I know what the autos are worth, but I don't have any idea how to value the other things. I am currently corresponding with an auction house, but I would appreciate the input of my friends and like-minded collectors here on the best Autograph site of all.

Im not really looking for offers to purchase these things, and am not actively trying to sell them at the moment - just trying to get a sense of what they might be worth. Thanks in advance.

Views: 375

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That note must have some value. It talks about Bubbles the Chimp.

Right?! So cool!

honestly not really

it would have some value if u sold the assiasants laminate intinary and and all here personel stuff as one lot .it would be value that way.thats the best bang for the buck on thew collection

also would have been cooler if actualy written on the itinary not a sticky.

The pages are full of handwritten notes on the itinerary. Either way, its cool stuff - even if I keep it for myself, lol

And yes, I would indeed sell it all in one lot were I to sell it at all. The real cool stuff to me are the books themselves and the original MJ Insurance card - the rest is just undeniable proof, that is still pretty cool in its own right :)

I agree with John Shaw that Julien's is likely the best auction house to sell them through, but I feel similarly negative as he does about Julien's.

I would lean against selling them at auction because you have little if any control about what they sell for. I'd join some of the Michael Jackson groups and communities and ask what they think they may be worth. You may find people interested in paying you an attractive price as well.

the tour book with no notationas is worth 10 to 100$ just depends how many out there .rember tons were made and the original printers have been selling there stock also

yes I own tons of bands itinaries and worked for many bands

I sold an unused  unsigned ticket for micheals last concert at msg ,I think it might have been a guest ticket for 500$ u just need to get the right person who has to have it. it takes a lot of time

now with the notes my guess 200-300 

I have some stuff that come from band mebers of alkso played with famous people  .micheal is a lot easier sell than most

Thanks John, thats solid info. I can use. Funny, my favorite thing from the whole lot (autos included) is a sweet photo of the Boss and The King of Pop posing for a   Pic backstage. Knowing how much of a student of  “the game” and critically calculating Michael could be and by all accounts was, the way he is smiling and looking at Bruce in this photo...you can almost see the thought bubble above his head...”What can I take from this guy, he’s clearly the real deal”!!

Love that pic, 2 of may faves, arm in arm!

the photo copies isn't a big deal just helps establish the other stuff is real.

Right, still pretty cool though. Its 2 photocopies with multiple cards, drivers license, etc. As you said, great for provenance and sig studying :)

I took the ID cards down, dont feel comfortable putting somebody else’s face on the interwebs :)

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service