We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Michael Jackson drawings (Miscell inc. 'Historic portraits' and 'Disney characters')

I'm noticing a sudden influx of MJ signed Michael Jackson drawings coming on to the auction market, which seem to share the common themes of either 'portraits of historical figures'  or 'Disney characters'.

Both of these themes are of course recognised from Michaels' drawings both at a young age and later in life, but it is interesting that so many new drawings are being released on to the market at the same time. 

Here are some current examples:

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/32578267_collection-of-art-by-m...

Tags: Michael, disney, forgery, jackson, parr, portraits

Views: 100954

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Koschal conspiring with Chris "I Never Saw An Autograph I Didn't Like" Morales.

I think that says it all.

Makes you wonder if "anyone" else over there did the same thing.

I completely agree with Steve

+300

Steve,

I wasn't ganging up on Mike. In fact it was Mike that brought up all the false affidavits, False provenance, false facts, fake COA's, stickers, photoshop images, laser printed autographs, that TPA's have to deal with. Then he went on to talk about the newest technologies used to forge autographs. 

I don't know Mike, and I have never used his service, but being a TPA, doesn't that mean you stay on top of all this and make the call based on the autograph itself?

Complaining about how difficult your job is, does not make the issues any easier to swallow. Any collector out there can listen to the provenance and facts offered by a seller and choose to believe them or not.  A collector uses a TPA to have a trusted opinion on the signature, just the signature alone....not the stories that come with it.    

I wish nothing but the best to anyone who is fighting the good fight and keeping the forgeries out of the hands of untrained collectors. Whining about how hard your life is and screaming about all the facts not being "out there" when you made a mistake ....is just deflection. 

Pete,
I am sorry you understood my comments as Whining or complaining. I love what I do and I have been doing it for over 30 years now. It is very hard to explain in a few lines on a blog what has been going on in the past few years and what has been uncovered alone in the past few months.
On most autographs you can surely make a call 100% based upon the signature alone but their are cases were I am sorry but investigation and provenance does take it role.
This is a full time job and yes I stay on top of new technology, that is how WE were able to stop this dead in its tracks along with over 6 auctions in the past year.
When you expose the fraud you are attacked , there are now complete websites owned and operated by forgers and companies / auction houses that deal in forged autographs. Their agenda is based upon discrediting honest and reputable autograph authenticators and third party autograph authentication companies.  
   Remember TPA are taking tons of money out of their mouths, and when the forgeries are exposed they will go to any extreme to save their business including personal attacks on the the TPA's personal life's and their family. I can show cases where life's and family members life's have been jeopardized by these crews of forgers.
With all that being said I think what went on here on this honest, reputable and collector friendly website against in my opinion the best, most knowledgeable, most helpful Rock and Roll & Music Autograph Authenticator in the world today Roger Epperson was a travesty. He has been attacked from what should be his honnored, where he has spent countless hours helping collectors on his own dime.
Not only has he had to read the countless post from the forgery side of the industry, his own home base formed a lynch mob. 
Believe me Roger Epperson is much more important to this website and to the safety of the whole autograph industry then anyone here will ever know.  

+1000

I totally agree Michael.
I couldn't agree more about Roger.

+1

I will continue to expose sellers of forgeries, but won't be opining nearly as much due to the lynch-mob attitude that I have observed here.

The bad guys can "authenticate" thousands of forgeries and they aren't attacked as much as Roger has been been.

The good guys make an honest mistake here and there, and the lynch-mob rides into town.

These are the same people, who, for the most part, don't even use their real names.

Shameful.

+1
All,
Can we summarize the events of the previous 46 pages here as it regards to the Jackson signatures? I think it would be helpful to lay the facts and details here without being rude or off topic. Someone more involved than I can certainly do a better job than I but I'll note a few highlights.
-collectors have noticed many pieces of signed Jackson artwork flood the market.
-Wascher and others took up the challenge of researching the items
-it is determined many of the items contain forged signatures, traced artwork, and artwork of a style and quality not consistent with that of Michael Jackson
-Roger Epperson was found to have authenticated a large number of the items and wrote how he was very confident with them while other authenticators and collectors disagreed strongly
What are the other main highlights here?

Chad its not just artwork though and that should be mentioned.

We still don't have all of the facts put together fully (all the real names of all the players) so its kind of hard to write a summary up, as facts seem to twist and change and no longer become "facts".   We're dealing with forgers who have been writing/making fake COA's for awhile now to go along with "MJ" autographs, and what we once may have thought was a fact - really might not be.  (COA's & stories that aren't really legit etc)

-w

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service