We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

On December 2, Julien's Auctions is selling The Collection of Tompkins and Bush. The collection contains 465 lots of Michael Jackson memorabilia, 287 of them autographed.

Michael Bush and the late Dennis Tompkins were Michael Jackson's costume designers for 25 years, during Jackson's most successful period. They were the consignors of the signed Thriller jacket that Julien's sold for $1,800,000 in June 2011.

Almost all of the autographs in the Tompkins and Bush sale are a variation I'm not familiar with. I've only been looking at Jackson's autograph for a few years, though, and we have members here who have collected him for decades, so I'd appreciate your input and exemplars.

If you know Michael Jackson's autograph well, please look at a few images below from the auction and let me know what you think. Even better, browse the auction and upload any similar examples you have: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/

Julien's is the world's premier auction house for Michael Jackson memorabilia, so they would know his autograph better than most of us. I'm just surprised I haven't seen this style before.

Thanks for your help.

Tags: 2012, Julien's, auction, michael jackson, tompkins and bush

Views: 130277

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is all excellent contact information. Can you put it all together in a TwitLonger and Facebook posting and tweet and post it so everyone can act! There are ONLY 5 business days left to STOP the
Auction!!!
FBI Los Angeles
Suite 1700, FOB
11000 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, California 90024-3672
losangeles.fbi.gov
(310) 477-6565
Better Business Bureau
BBB of the Southland, Inc.
Serving Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino Counties

315 North La Cadena Drive
Colton, CA 92324

Phone: (909) 825-7280

Fax: (909) 503-1890
LAPD FORGERY & FRAUD SECTION:

Fraud Section
150 N. Los Angeles St., Room 340
Los Angeles, California 90012
Telephone: 213-486-6630
Fax: 213-680-1424
Metropolitan Forgery Section
100 W. First Street Room 302
Los Angeles, California 90012
Telephone: 213-485-4131
Fax: 213-680-1424

Calif Government org overseeing and licensing auction houses

Everyone:

If you are having problems replying right now, sorry. This is a technical issue the company we lease our platform from is working on. Log-out, clear your cache, and even try a different browser. That may work. If not, just use the Reply box at the top of all the replies and quote what you're replying to. Again...sorry.

Im having no problems. Im using Google Chrome.

http://www.shouselaw.com/forgery.html

1. What is "Forgery" under California Law?
In California, forgery is a type of fraud that is considered both a "white collar" crime and a theft crime. Although most people think of forgery as simply "signing someone else's name", the offense of forgery is actually much more comprehensive.

Forgery occurs when you intend to commit a fraud and:

Sign someone else's name without authorization,

Counterfeit or recreate the seal or handwriting of another without prior approval,

Alter, corrupt, or falsify specific legal written documents, such as a will or court record, and/or

Falsely make, alter, recreate, counterfeit, utter, or publish

Any document or item relating to money, stocks, a sale, transfer, or exchange of goods or property,

Any written document relating to how one intends to dispose of his/her property upon death,

A legal document other than a will or court record (a power of attorney, for example), or

A notarized document.

Just to clarify, the words "utter and publish" mean the same thing. They mean to use or attempt to use an instrument or document either to (1) assert that it is genuine, or (2) represent to someone else that it is genuine.

California forgery law only applies to acts that prejudice, damage, or defraud another out of:

Money,

An interest in property, and/or

Other legal rights.

It is possible under Calif law that this is an auction problem overseen by the auction commision rather than a forgery crime which is handled by a different state agency

Everyone 2:

We use nested replies in our discussions, which means replies are under what you're replying to, unlike regular bulletin board systems. This makes discussions much easier to follow for those who come later, which makes our discussions a great long-term resource. But they can be harder to follow if you're used to bulletin board systems. 

There are two easy ways to keep up with discussions as they happen:

• Click to the reply from your emailed notifications, or
  • Click on them from the Latest Activity feed in the left column of the home page. At the bottom of the feed is a button which lets you go back more messages. You can go back about 250 messages, which can be from several hours to a day, depending on how busy the site is.

Michelle, I didn't misunderstand.
Michael used to write 1998 after his signature for years BEFORE his kids were born.
He was saying to me he used to do that because it was the year he wanted to have children...and he did have his children very near around 1998, so it makes perfect sense.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service