We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

On December 2, Julien's Auctions is selling The Collection of Tompkins and Bush. The collection contains 465 lots of Michael Jackson memorabilia, 287 of them autographed.

Michael Bush and the late Dennis Tompkins were Michael Jackson's costume designers for 25 years, during Jackson's most successful period. They were the consignors of the signed Thriller jacket that Julien's sold for $1,800,000 in June 2011.

Almost all of the autographs in the Tompkins and Bush sale are a variation I'm not familiar with. I've only been looking at Jackson's autograph for a few years, though, and we have members here who have collected him for decades, so I'd appreciate your input and exemplars.

If you know Michael Jackson's autograph well, please look at a few images below from the auction and let me know what you think. Even better, browse the auction and upload any similar examples you have: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/

Julien's is the world's premier auction house for Michael Jackson memorabilia, so they would know his autograph better than most of us. I'm just surprised I haven't seen this style before.

Thanks for your help.

Tags: 2012, Julien's, auction, michael jackson, tompkins and bush

Views: 130286

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes Wendy, the point is to say that a FAKE signature was added on the jumpsuit between March 2010 and October 2010 when it was sold at Julien's!!!!!

And I have to mention the 7-8 other items that were sold in March that re-appeared in Juliens later auctions!!! ALL OF THEM!

I understand what you're saying. Believe me.

If I check both pictures that you posted Steve... Of the JUMPSUIT

Both outfits has "coincidently" a marking on the left leg, in the lower area...

On Gotta Have It March 2010, it's Bigger... than on Juliens' October 2010...

The picture is not clear enough, but I can't ignore the fact that it was RESTORED!!! And the person who owned it, whoever it is, could have made it restored somehow...!

I don't say it's the truth, but it's a possibility!

It's too obvious that is might be the same outfit in BOTH auctions!! Just like it is the same 8 other OUTFITS in BOTH Auctions!

Face could you post image of both, side by side so we can see, thank you

You do not understand where I'm going with the other outfits... I'm just repeating myself like a parrot... And it seems like it is difficult to be understood.

MY POINT IS : those 8 outfits are the same in both auctions. The Jumpsuit and all the other ones. SO, if I'm correct: a FAKE SIGNATURE WAS ADDED BETWEEN MARCH 2010 and OCTOBER 2010 ON THE JUMPSUIT! (and I guess "signature" is the topic here... Especially FAKE ONES!)

I AM NOT asking to authenticate the other outfits, which I will for sure, if I needed, go talk about it within the fan community on some other board.

Face,

I understand you, but I don't think you're taking into account that multiples--at least duplicates of costumes--were made for most if not virtually all Michael Jackson touring costumes, like they are for most touring performers. They have to have backups. And if Tompkins and Bush had two or more of each and wanted to sell them, it would make sense that they put one in Gotta Have It's auction and one in Julian's six months later.

According to Ed Kosinski, the person who bought the jumpsuit from Gotta Have It is a collector, and not the same person who consigned the signed one to Julien's. I believe him. Whether you do or not is up to you, but let's not argue it further here please.

I agree with Steve. This should focus strictly on the autographs. I am an avid MJ collector. I am highly suspicious of this auction. I have bought items from Juliens in the past and am registered to bid on this current auction. If we can keep this focused on the autographs without jumping all over the place, we stand the best chance at getting to the truth. Must say that I am deeply disturbed by the notion that authentic irreplaceable MJ items might have been defaced. As a collector, I deeply appreciate the discussion and the work you're doing here.

Brett thank you for coming to this forum and giving your thoughts as a possible purchaser of these items. Have you been in touch with other collectors and are people staying away, talking about it, bidding anyway because they think they can remove the signatures? What? Thank you!

Steve could you begin a separate discussion so we can pinpoint the history of Juliens and MJ's costumes. i think the general public may need to look deeper into the way Juliens have been conducting their business, in the process i feel it will help bring light to further fraud,, Whether this auctions goes ahead or not, i feel its our duty to investigate and post our findings,, there are enough that care to investigate further and post on the new discussion, that way we can keep this clear for the present forgeries. Thank you

TeamMichael,

Everyone should join our MJ group and start discussions there: http://live.autographmagazine.com/group/michael-jackson-autographs-...

thank you

So Brett, the fact that a signature/autograph was added on an ORIGINAL outfit in 2010 to be sold in Julien's Auction, (where you intend to buy memorabilias) is not a correct subject here?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service