We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Can someone please give me there opinions on these ebay accounts. Hopefully I will get a response.

Upon doing ebay searches for autographs to add to my collection I am very upset when I search and find item after item that are gai and what do you know a lot of these sellers have a ton of quantity. Can someone check these account out and let me know what they think.

bahusker5

moulinrougeone

Views: 4789

Replies to This Discussion

Roy I noticed your from Hollywood how close is Sunset Beach from you? Thats where dscauthentic is located.

James I couldn't agree more on these 2 account's. This guy has sold more Mike Trout autograph's than Mike Trout himself. It's crazy how this stuff go's unnoticed. I believe that the same user is using both accounts. Nice Job

Hmmm. I got Trout 16 times over 3 days at spring training in Tempe last year. Kid was an awesome signer. I bet he is very hard nowadays after the year hes had, since he would draw the whole crowd. But the way I've seen him sign I wouldn't say it is impossible.

I thought this would be a fair test:

RightCoastCollectibles and Dirty_Water_Ink had 38 signed movie posters on eBay Sunday night. I downloaded all of them and just posted them in an album for your opinions. They're huge images you can enlarge by clicking View Full Size in the bottom right below the picture.

The only other movie posters I found among the 8 eBayers listed at the top of this discussion were a few in moulinrougeone's listings, but they have a lot of stars I barely know and I don't think we can authenticate them as reliably as these long-time A-Listers.

Here's the album: http://live.autographmagazine.com/photo/albums/signed-movie-posters...

If you know any of the autographs well, please give your opinion!

Thanks

Hey guys! Figured I'd chime in on this discussion as I've obtained several of these signatures myself over the years.

@ Steve - you must've had a lot of spare time on your hands Sunday night to sit down and take the time to do all of this...

While I can't speak for every signature Steve took the time to point out, I can point out that I've gotten Adam Sandler several different times; on movie sets, at his hotel, and at movie premiers... The guy is a great signer and 9 our of 10 times will sign multiples. I've seen him sign 6-8 things for people if he has the time. The Sandler's that Steve has called out, are in fact, genuine in my opinion as they match up to signatures I've received from him.

Another celebrity I've had the pleasure of meeting and obtaining multiple signatures from on a few different occasions is Jack Nicholson. For a star as big is he is, he's one the best signers out there. Jack does what he wants and listens to nobody. I obtained his autograph at a Westin Hotel about 5-6 years and and he came off the elevator smoking a cigarette in the lobby... Hotel staff asked him to put out the cigarette or go outside but he politely refused and continue to stand in the lobby, smoke his cigarette, sign autographs and take pictures for the small group of people inside. My Jack's and many of the Jack's I've seen that are authenticated by different companies on eBay all look just like the Jack's that Steve has questioned.

Steven Spielberg is another star that I've been able to meet and get a some autographs from... Another great guy and great signer if you can find him. His son Theo went to Yale with a friend of mines daughter and they lived in the same dorm so I was able to get the heads up when he was going to be in town on a couple different occasions and he was always so polite and great about signing. My Spielberg's look almost identical to the ones that RightCoastCollectibles is offering, the same ones that Steve has asked for opinions on...

The only other signatures I can comment on is the John Williams. Admittedly, I'm a huge Star Wars junkie have met many of the stars over the years whether at Comic Con's, Broadway performances or just out and about at hotels where they might've been staying. John Williams has been performing at Tanglewood in the Berkshires for as long as I could remember and my wife and I have been up there a couple different times to see acts like him, James Taylor and several others. Mr. Williams is one of the nicest gentleman I've ever had the pleasure of meeting and has always taken the time to greet his fans and sign autographs both before and after his performances. As with the other 3 names I've mentioned above, all of the John Williams autographs I've gotten in the past look the part of the posters that Steve has in question.

Overall, in my opinion, for whatever it's worth, and by no means am I trying to spark a long discussion or controversy with anyone else - the signatures that I personally have obtained and believe to know match up almost to a tee with the movie posters that Steve took the time to question and ask for others opinions on.

Without just going on eBay to copy and paste every image of something that certain sellers have listed, do you (Steve) personally have any first hand experience with any of the celebrities signatures that you've questioned? If so, please share you stories as it's always nice to hear other collectors experiences.

Nelson,

This discussion is filled with concerns about the eBay sellers listed above, all selling primarily if not exclusively GA autographs except the last one, thewizardof024, which is selling GAI. 

I uploaded the album of signed posters because it was an opportunity to discuss every signed movie poster being offered by two of the sellers above—all 38 of them—and I thought it would be an objective way to judge the overall quality of the sellers' and Global Authentics' authentication.

I didn't pick and choose.

I didn't say whether I thought they were good or bad.

I didn't imply they were either good or bad.

And I didn't even have to cut and paste. I just downloaded the full-size main photos. For both of these sellers, they're huge...1600 pixels high.

In fact, photos are shot so similarly that I think that it's likely that both eBayers, Dirty_Water_Ink and RightCoastCollectibles are owned by the same people, who also probably own AuthenticSportsMemorabilia. Either that or they're using the same photographer.

Especially the hundreds (thousands) of horrific Jeter and Mariano Rivera forgeries sold with the GA cert. 

Steve Sipe said he fired the guy who authenticated all those Derek Jeters and recalled them. That's something we really should publicize, so the buyers can go back to the sellers for refunds.

When did this happen? I didn't hear anything about it.

I don't know. He told me in an email a few weeks ago. But there was no announcement that I heard of. The buyers need to know so they can get their money back.

he told me the same thing.

Unfortunately, Steve Sipe is not telling the truth on this matter.  GA (GAI) has one authenticator that they send out and is very much still employed by them and certifying some of these atrocious forgeries. 

As for the posters, I have gotten Adam Sandler many times, as he is very nice, but there is definitely something off on those.  Bill Murray is not very friendly, as I have had experiences with him at golf tournaments.  The money story is true, and I would be glad to post images of ones I have gotten in person.  Again, the signatures look off on those posters certified by GA (GAI). 

Finally, I don't know if you guys have noticed some of the awful things being certified by GA (GAI) in Pristine Auction?  It seems there is an endless supply of Michael Jackson signed items that they keep stickering.  The fact they are still an approved authenticator on Ebay is very troubling.  Keep up the good work everyone!!!!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service