We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

My collection of signed airline boarding passes on PBS Antiques Roadshow

Here is a video link for my collecion of celebrity autographed airline boarding cards/passes.

www.pbs.org/wgbh/roadshow/video/201205W07.html

I've been a flight attendant for 39 1/2 years and have flown many celebrities all over the place. After a bit of conversation with them, and only if it feels right, then I'll ask them if they could autograph their flight boarding pass for me.  I've got about 125 autographs so far... and had some great conversations with them.

Enjoy the video from PBS Antiques Roadshow, taped in Corpus Christi, TX in 2012.

Bill

Views: 471

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very entertaining. It so neat that the memories are worth more than the signatures. What a privilege to obtain these autographs but to actually serve them as well. Thanks for sharing.

lovely

I'm glad you guys like the PBS segment.  It's always been fun to spot celebrities during a flights' boarding process, take care of them in-flight and chat with them about their work or lives when possible.  The autographs were secondary.  When we eventually got tickets to attend the taping of the PBS Antiques Roadshow back in 2012, I luckily thought to bring the autograph collection with us along with a few other items for an appraisal.  We had no idea that they would find it interesting enough to select us for taping a PBS Roadshow segment.  Quite a surprise, a pretty cool experience, and now I have a vague idea of my collection's worth.  I've added a few more autographs since then too...

Bill

5 to 7 thousand. You didn't like that appraisal. Cool collection.

What makes you think that I didn't like their appraisal?  I was impressed by her appraisal estimate, I had no idea what those 115 autographs might be worth, but to me the best part was getting to talk, sometimes at length, with those celebrities.  That was way more meaningful than the monetary value of signed paper.  Most of them were very cool and quite human, chatty and fun to meet.

Bill

I am a real sucker for the personal or human story behind this; - which was the nicest one to meet?  and which was the least like their public persona if you wish to share?

It was a positive reaction to the appraisal my mistake.
I like the cash graph.

I'd have to say that some of the most memorable visits/autographs were the ones featured by PBS.  Elizabeth Taylor sobbing on my shoulder while talking of her family relationships and the funereal she was headed to and me trying to comfort her, watching the Shuttle launch with Lauren Bacall from 30,000 feet above Florida, getting to talk briefly with the Carters on their way to one of their Prison shows, having Mel Brooks put me in a headlock (I just relaxed, laughed and went with it!) and walking me that way back to his seat through the cabin (obviously pre-"911") where we sat and discussed his films for twenty minutes, watching Robert Mitchum drink Cognac right out of the miniature in our galley during a conversation on a late evening transcon flight, and so many more fun and personal memories...

Bill

Ooops!  By "Carters" I of course meant to say Johnny Cash and June Carter.  All dressed in black, he was a huge, impressive and gentle man! RIP.

Bill

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service