We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

A terrible loss of a great American.

Tags: autographs, neil armstrong

Views: 22385

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, Chris. If he did use quick opinion, hopefully this will raise awareness for PSA/DNA that they need to do something. (Once I submitted an item to PSA QO and it failed, and shortly after, the listing was removed, so I assume PSA is the one who reported it.)

This listing (251140375474) has been removed, or this item is not available

We just posted The Quest for Neil Armstrong's Autograph from the July 2009 issue of Autograph.

Seller has a starting bid of 8K for this junk.  Hopefully it will not get any bids.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150888546120...

In my opinion, this item is a ghastly, amateurish forgery and there is not a shred of hope it could be authentic. I would not even know where to begin in explaining what’s wrong with it. I challenge you to post this on Collect Space today and see the response.

Steve Zarelli
Space Authenticator for RR Auction, JSA and a number of UACC Registered Dealers

did anyone keep the comment from dontbuywater?  Seems he deleted it after making his case about the authenticity & who here had better credentials...

By the way, dontbuythewaters "signed" album was recommended for the "hall of shame" in a CollectSpace thread. So much for that back-up plan...

that would then make dontbuywater a charlatan based on the verbiage below which i captured from the original EBAY posting.  To Paraphrase about collectspace website; It was these contributing members that advised me on the authenticity of my items(this and one other that I am not selling at this time - it is the last picture in this listing, submitted to show that I am a serious collector).  I was advised by these contributing experts not to bother with certification,.

Thus, perhaps charlatan is not the correct word.  Maybe he should stick with phones and dvd sales on ebay.  Then again, he would certainly be a candidate for account suspension.

I know exactly to whom he was referring and I am quite confident they never told him his item was authentic.

Dontbuywater joined Aug. 27 and quit the site Aug. 28., deleting his content. Perhaps he didn't realize that members here could tell that what he said didn'tholdwater.

Unless I am misinterpreting something the verbiage on this item would indicate he has posted something on collectspace..  Perhaps a link to the discussion would be insightfull.

Another important resource is the collector's forum you will find at the CollectSpace website (google search it - I'm not allowed to post link here).  At that site, you will see threads discussing the autographs of many astronauts, and the people posting here are experts in their field.  It was these contributing members that advised me on the authenticity of my items (this and one other that I am not selling at this time - it is the last picture in this listing, submitted to show that I am a serious collector).

I was advised by these contributing experts not to bother with certification, as these services were prepared to "authenticate" anything submitted so long as it is accompanied with their fee.  I will make the following offer to any buyer: if you wish to obtain PSA/DNA or other certification, and it is withheld, I will happily accept return of the item within 30 days of Buyer's receipt.  This is the only acceptable grounds for a return, and Buyer is responsible for all return shipping costs, including insurance - the items must be received in the same condition they were sent out. The buyer will be refunded for the purchased item amount minus a 5% fee.

Of course the email from the Auctioneer who says it's authentic would be beneficial as well but prior to being sold; I would also be willing to forward an email from an Auctioneer specializing in space autographs and memorabilia (the source of which I can disclose after the transaction is completed).

EBAY has removed the alleged forgery, This listing (150888546120) has been removed, or this item is not available

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service