We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Opinion on Authenticity of this Barack Obama signed card

Please give your opinion on this signed card from Barack Obama.  Beckett quick opinion was NOT LIKELY TO PASS FULL AUTHENTICATION. 

Curious what others think thanks 

Randy 

Views: 393

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thx for posting these.

I am not an expert on BO's signature, but here is my take...

As my own signature has deteriorated over the years, I have developed an appreciation for the dynamics of messy autographs. 

My guess is that when Obama signs his last name, his brain is telling him "Obama" but his hand can only manage an "O" and a squiggle. On these magazine covers I can interpret the bump and line as an attempt at a "b" and then the rest trails off.

On the other hand, on the OP's example, it looks to me like a deliberately written shape to approximate someone's interpretation of Obama's signature.

This is exactly right, IMO.  It’s a superficial approximation of the shape, without any true understanding of the impulses being sent from Obama’s brain to his hand, telling him what to write.  Even though what goes down on the page appears as little more than a squiggle, the slow degradation over the years means that the vestiges of his full name are still there, no matter how subtle the flick of the wrist may be.  That’s why I believe the OP is a fake.

Here is my Obama, from the book with Springsteen:

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service