We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

NEWLY SURFACED LENNON SIGNED IMAGINE ALBUM???

What's your opinions on this Lennon autographed IMAGINE album from WFIL?

I believe it's AUTHENTIC. That would make it one only 12? Known to exist. I used to own one and sold it at GOTTAHAVEROCKANDROLL auctions. This has probably one of the best placed signatures I've seen on an IMAGINE album. It also has the doodle and the year, which is rare for WFIL. I only know of a few others with the doodle.

I feel it is very similar to this WFIL signed TWO VIRGINS.

Pictured is another from WFIL with the doodle and year which looks like it reads 78 but its 75.

Also pictured is a 1975 test press album inner sleeve signed by John. Pretty similar doodle and date formations.

I like the fact it has the doodle and year which is SPOT ON to my eyes. It gives more forensics for you to look at other than an autograph which can be practiced over and over.

Views: 6550

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Specify I've bought and sold around 20 but over the last decade I was  sent ir offered a few hundred.

Yes I understand. She wanted TPA to have with it in case something happened. I actually referred her to gottahaverockandroll auctions where I sold mine but she is not selling. I inquired ro gottahaverockandroll auctions and asked if she sent it in or asked. He said no. no i only recently started doing EOAs. Also I do NOT charge for my EOAs. I issue my opinion and have issued negative feedback on a few sent to me. She sent in a video of it upclise to see impressions of pen and a high quality scam. I asked her all the questions i knew to ask. She got in on Friday. I asked if she had the flyer & she didn't know what it was. 

Basing off the atypical tendencies and consistencies I've seen in the other examples I've compiled all together over the past 10 years I've devoted to studying these anomalous Lennon signatures.

WFIL Man,

One huge red flag is that the first lens of his glasses is drawn clockwise, not counterclockwise. The second lens is way off too: It starts with a long vertical line instead of a horizontal one. 

Also compare the '7' on your Imagine album's date to these face caricatures from the same period. The horizontal stroke at the top of your 7 dips significantly but these don't. One has the slightest hint of a dip but the others have no degree of dip at all.

No Steve. the eye on the imagine is drawn counter-clockwise.

It looks like it was drawn clockwise. So, then is there a pen lift after the eye was drawn?

WFIL Man, 

Please look at this. Do you still say yours is signed counter-clockwise?

(Click to show entire photo.)

I’ve been following this thread with interest and I am somewhat perplexed by the story.  As per Servi’s comments I would never ask anyone for an opinion on an autograph I obtained in person.  Having said that I had Frank do a COA for a Paul and Linda signed postcard that was signed at the MPL offices when they were located on Greek St in London.  Mind you I did not ask for his opinion knowing it was signed in my presence.

As for the observations in Steve’s post I agree the caricature is signed clockwise and there is a stop and an odd stroke for the eyeglass on the right.  Also the stroke at the top of the 7 ? Both very atypical of Lennon.

If this was actually signed by John I’d be surprised and without a COA from Frank or Tracks I wouldn’t be interested in purchasing it.

WFIL Man,

Could you please explain why you say this is was drawn counterclockwise? 

I see how you could interpret this as a counter clock wise caricature.  I really think that is unlikely for the following reasons.

If John started where you indicate he might have the stroke goes up at an awkward angle and appears to stop and then restarts. If there isn’t a gap in that location I don’t see how you could start that upward stroke bring it to a point and then transition to the next stroke. It doesn’t appear to be a natural continuous stroke. IMO

Also when the left eye is completed why would you cross the original line to leave that small dangling stroke below the start position. I don’t think you would you would make a smooth transition to the next eye glass.

If you consider he may have started at the bottom of that tail then moving counterclockwise would be very awkward.

It just doesn’t look like a counterclockwise movement to me. Perhaps a handwriting expert could provide a definitive answer.

If it was drawn the way that WFIL Man has shown, there would seemingly be four awkward angle changes. Also, two of the points would happen to intersect in a way that makes it appear as though the eye was drawn clockwise.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service