We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Apparently, PSA/DNA authenticated this Sir Paul signed postcard. But was this really signed by Paul McCartney? I have my doubts. What do you think?

Here's a link, and there are pics below:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Paul-McCartney-Signed-Autographed-3-5-x-5-5...

Views: 1629

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

To me, the issue here is not as much with the seller as it is with PSA. I did a quick look through some of the seller's other items, and there is no doubt that he has many authentic items for sale. However, I don't think this Paul is one of them. So why was it passed?

I think Adam is right. This seller does a lot of business with PSA, so PSA is willing to help them out, maybe just occasionally, maybe often. So this seller perhaps was able to buy this Macca on the cheap, and send it in, and turn possibly a very small investment into a nice profit.

But it's unethical when it goes on, and it's really hurting the hobby. Or maybe PSA is just not good at music authentication. But I know it's upsetting to a lot of people who have sent in in-person autographs and paid a few $100 just to get a nice rejection letter on items that should have passed, only to see stuff like this get the nod.

And when the "little" guy's authentic items get rejected, it can really hurt financially.
That's right james the little guys that enjoy the hobby like ourselves loose out financially because we need a coa to trade and the item has failed.
Yeah, I agree with Adam. There's got to be a better way. Unfortunately, I just don't know what that is. Well, actually I sort of do. If the big TPAs would stop with the favoritism, and judge everything independent of who sent the item in, that would be a start. But I pretty much guarantee you that if you or I had sent that in, it would have been rejected. Now, probably some poor chap at some point will end up buying that thing for $600 or so, and think they got a good deal on a "real" Mac autograph.
My better way is to be happy and call it a day. If you want to buy something you need a pass on a quick opinion and someone of the powers to be to write it up for you after you buy it. If you don't do that the chances of coming out on top are slim.
Hold up a glass, raise a toast and say piss it all away.
I'm waiting to here what Dan Gregory has to say on this subject.
My point of view is only from a few years collecting autographs. I'm sure the guys that have been collecting for years and years wouldn't have to go to the quick opinion service etc etc, can't buy without a coa.

I think it's good, but I think it's worth half the price or less of a decent McCartney autograph on a similar item.

If I sent that piece in to psa dna I'm sure they would fail it. I think that's what most of the guys are expressing, that the power sellers have the upper hand and our authentic items don't get a pass.

Steve, have you seen many P's like that?  LOL kidding.  I doubt a forger would have the "aul" correct and screw up the P.  this one, while ugly, is probably good.  the "C" does look a little slow, but it could be due to the conditions/angle of the signing.

The Dave grohl signature has the qualities of his style and it has passed, but easily forged no doubt, no different to noel Gallagher squiggle.  I have submitted a number of Dave Grohl  recently and only one has passed. Its really frustrating.

Your right, Terrier, the "C" looks slow. He could have signed it slowly because the "P" came out so badly. Unstable writing surface, cramped conditions, etc.

exactly

Maybe it came through Press pass.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service