We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

The French auction house "Cannes Enchères" strikes again...

After having made more than $25,000 with a significant number of forgeries a few months ago, they are now offering another part of the same "collection".

Here is the link:

http://www.cannes-encheres.com/pdf/Catalog/2018-10-23_MusicWebLow20...

All the signatures are the same while on several LPs (and bank notes) from different time periods, but that's fine for the auction house, they have no issue at all with them... I really cannot understand how these guys from auction houses can do their job, necessarilly knowing that they are selling fakes to unedecutated bidders (while, at least in France, auction houses are a regulated profession, supposed to be representing the State).

Views: 462

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ha ha. Thanks. If you Google “Jimi Hendrix Autograph”, it’s one of the first images. I think the other one I posted is based on a set from RR Auction. It’s also one of the first images that comes up.

Looks like those "Floyd" sigs we were talking about the other day - the same non-extant signing style that sold with papers for 5K five years ago :(

And one of those "Bowie's looks unnervingly like my own signed Greg Gorman portrait from 1980.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service