Hello it's me again on the hunt for a ramones autograph, there is no COA and Christmas is coming up and wanted to get one hopefully, this one cost over $500 and was apparently signed in 1999 at the Virgin center thing. Any input will be appreciated and if it's not worth the risk let me know and I'll wait for another one to come around.

Tags: Booklet, Ramones, Signed

Views: 725

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It was to my liking before ACOA crapped on it, I think this is going to be my last autograph, unless it's some book or CD that's verified here like the Michael Richards one.

It was uncertified and unfortunately still is - you seem to want TPA certification. I'm just saying buy one certified but also one that folks here like. With nothing against Richard or Tom, this problem, this finding with this item, will never go away IMO so I'd return while you can.

I don't know what you mean twords the end there.

Hi Mike,

I mean IMO you can't unhear ACOA's determination. With multiple sets of eyes it is just not something I could ignore. So, if one can return, perhaps one should?

This is from RR Archives, these signatures were also said to be obtained at New York’s Virgin Megastore on July 20, 1999. From the Monte A. Melnick Ramones Collection. There are many differences to me in every signature.

Yeah I checked out those too and even had photoshop open and placed the Joey over the other one it fit but some slight differences. What also bothers me is that they won't respond to me but they will respond to the Ebay seller. And one passed out of the bunch. I'm going to return it your right you can't really unhear that.

Good move. It is a lot more than floating one over another in Photoshop. I am not a Ramones expert, but the things I do know well took me many years to become proficient in. From those skills, and the images I am looking at over at RR etc., I agree with ACOA on this one. This was also signed on July 20, 1990 at Virgin. Look at the Joey and the overall form of the surname. Look at the formation and relative height of the letters. Look at the Dee Dee and the negative spaces in the large loops. The OP is of man out.

Here is just a little of what I am seeing. Shakiness in red, atypical/weird shape in green,

Click for full image:

My photoprogram has gone a little crazy but compare those areas with the blue marks below. Apart from the obvious difference in shape, the stroke is more sure, not shaky, and determined.

Well all be damned Eric you're a little genius! I can see what you mean now!! The little wiggles compared to the other one. No ones really pointed that out to me, this is a pretty good fake then? Compared to the last piece of junk I purchased lol. I thought the slightly smaller bit onto of the r was just sloppy.

Well, don't tell anyone! ;) I am so glad you see it! I was sitting here trying to figure a way to help you see it for yourself and not just use words which really don't help in this context - well, only so much. It is a reasonably studied decent fake IMO, yes. Many don't even come close.

You made my day :-) I am going to use color again as I did in the past. It just says more.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service