The Signed Deluxe edition of Renegades will be on sale at Barnes & Noble on Dec 7th. Limit of one per person and instore only. No online orders . Barnes and Noble members only and the price is $500, 10% for members RENEGADES: BORN IN THE USA. (barnesandnoble.com) 

and Amazon Amazon.com: Renegades: Born in the USA (Deluxe Signed Edition): 978...

Views: 52230

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For anyone willing to trade their Obama book~
im offering a bundle for just 1 sealed book

x2 will smith signed from uk water stone

x2 Dave grohl, one from coles, one from US

x2 KISS destroyer signed cards with CDs 

willing to send all to a trusted member of the community first, since I’m not reputable yet.

pm me

I got my $300 Amazon copy in today, i think the signatures look legit! The only thing I noticed was a slight issue with the lettering in Obama’ name on the spine of the book.

I thought this book is so popular and limited. Why is it being sold so far below list price (500 Dollar) ? Has anyone an idea ?

I asked the same thing since I paid $550 and a month later they were selling as low as $275 on Amazon, the only thing I can figure is that they don't appear to be nearly as limited as expected, and flooding the market will drive the price down. just a guess since I thought even $500 sounded low for both of those signatures. 

Flooding the market ? Maybe, but only in the USA. In Europe you have no chance to get this book. Only a handful arrives in Europe and all sold out very very quickly. So i think this book was made only for the US Market. But all big US Book stores are also sold out. So i cannot see flooding the market. And it looks, that many damaged books exist. 

well maybe flooding the market isn't the right word but they still ended up being way more available in the U.S. than I thought they would be, I am still showing 17 available on Amazon at $545 which is around what I paid. there are like 247 listings on eBay right now and some have 4 or more copies available so these aren't really rare or limited in the U.S. anyway

Yeah, thats truth. I don´t know. I think this is a book for fans, not for making a profit for resale. But the signatures are hand written in every book. So i don´t believe that Obama and Springsteen sign ten thousands of white sheets...But Nobody knows.

I think the edition size has to be about 10,000. If it was less they’d probably do a numbered edition.

bottom line, it’s a great piece that can be got at a great price. Some of us benefited from the amazon algorithm that went into dump mode. Can’t complain!

yeah, the people that got the cheap ones on Amazon are probably making a little but for the most part, it seems like most are probably just barely breaking even. definitely not worth it. I was also concerned when so many started coming out and wondered if two names this big would actually sign this many. they look real but I'm no expert on signed books or these guys so I'm hoping they are legit. it seems like if they weren't then someone would have figured it out and we would have heard something.  

Oh yeah this is a terrible item for a quick flip.

but I stand by my earlier comment, it’s a great piece even at $500.

enjoy it. tuck it away. cant go wrong.

I agree and was planning on putting it up anyway, but I still buy stuff hoping it increases in value, and when I saw it selling for about half of what I paid just weeks later I was wondering if I paid too much. I just started buying signed books and from what I saw other Springsteen and Obama signed books going for I figured this would be worth at least a grand having both signatures. maybe one day lol. still happy to have it  

At first i was skeptical about the authenticity of the signatures. But when you compare the signatures of the books here in the forum and at ebay, you can see that every signature is a little bit different. So when it was a print signature there would be no difference. Then every signature would look the same.

And for 500 Dollar, you can not sell a print signature. Especially since the book is the same as the original book. Expect the clothbound and slipcase. I think the premium price surcharge is for the signatures...

RSS

© 2022   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service