I have been collecting Star Wars autographs since 1998.  Not all of my signatures are on Star Wars memorabilia.  For example, when I met Warwick Davis at a comic convention in New York City, I had him sign a Willow photograph.  I also have publicity photos of Sir Alec Guinness and Christopher Lee from the 1970s, and a Natalie Portman signed The Diary of Anne Frank theater poster from her performance on Broadway back in 1998.  My current wish list includes Peter Cushing, Terence Stamp and John Williams.  I am interested in knowing about the collections and wish lists of other members.

Views: 88055

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No Celebration logos. They're 16x20 Official Pix photos. I've bought items from this seller in the past with the Official Pix shield logos and they were fine. He says he got them in person.

What's unusual about Mark is the H connecting to the a like that.

With divided opinions I'd like to hear from others. 

Mike, is there something that stands out to you? I value your opinion.

Anyone have any other ideas?

They just appear to be slightly atypical.  Nothing extremely alarming.  I am the least concerned about the Mark Hamill autograph.  Peter Mayhew is very difficult to determine because of his usual unintentional inconsistencies.  I do not like the way that the Carrie Fisher autograph finishes.  I would pass on them if I did not know the seller.  I am less concerned since you posted the David Prowse and Jeremy Bulloch autographs.  They appear to be authentic.

Here are more details:
I only know the seller so far as I bought a few other Official Pix shield sticker items from him recently. The Prowse and Bulloch were in a set with a shield sticker item and he said he got them in person at Megacon and Celebration 5.

He says the 3 in question were in person at C5. Now, both of those conventions took place in Florida and that's where the seller lives. He does not sell autographs in general, he has not sold any other autographs... just about 8-10 SW items that were in his collection. This says to me that he wanted to start a 16x20 set, he got some from OP directly and he got others in person, and now he wants to get rid of them. Because he also bought OP shield items he knows the difference in price between them and OP items and the asking price is very reasonable.

With that said, I've held off on purchasing until I could look at more exemplars. I thought Mark and Peter look fine before I've even posted, but i have trouble authenticating Fisher and I don't like that this is the one you have questions about. The only other thing I could add is that it's a 16x20 photo, and her signature takes up a significant portion of the photo, so it's much larger than how she usually signs 8x10s. Maybe that could account for the extra flourish at the end?

Quck update which may be informational. I posted the images on the rebelscum forum and members were confident in all 3 signatures. I specifically asked about the flourish at the end of Fishers name and I received more interesting info.

One member had her sign both large and small photos at SDCC 2012, and that flourishy ending appeared only on the large items she signed--never the 8x10s. This confirms my hypothesis that her signature may change a little when it is signed physically much larger than usual.

Here are confirmed exemplars that match the item I posted:

Thanks for the information JXE.  Great investigative work.  You should feel pretty confident about the seller at this point.

Just a little more info for you... here are two other 16x20 photos I purchased from the same seller. I don't think there's any questioning these. From what I can tell, he's not a dealer or anything; just a guy selling off what he has. Not sure what it means about the items up top.

These two look more typical.

Got my photo back signed from Jeremy Bulloch today and thought I would share with you guys.

what was the return time on Bulloch?

51 days. I sent it to his office in London, and he waited to mail it back when he was in San Antonio for a convention. I sent an SAE and $ for return postage.

Very cool Mark.  Congratulations.

Did Mark have a different style autograph back in the 70s/80s or is this just a blatant forgery?
Attachments: No photo uploads here

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service