We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I have been collecting Star Wars autographs since 1998.  Not all of my signatures are on Star Wars memorabilia.  For example, when I met Warwick Davis at a comic convention in New York City, I had him sign a Willow photograph.  I also have publicity photos of Sir Alec Guinness and Christopher Lee from the 1970s, and a Natalie Portman signed The Diary of Anne Frank theater poster from her performance on Broadway back in 1998.  My current wish list includes Peter Cushing, Terence Stamp and John Williams.  I am interested in knowing about the collections and wish lists of other members.

Views: 87874

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I couldn't agree more. If Disney was that powerful with it's contracts where is Downey signing? Chris Pratt? Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel? Heck even Kristen Bell or Amy Poehler?

Contracted to doing press is one thing, insisting on making them autograph anything is a different story.

Even if the names like Ridley, Boyega, Isaac, and Driver are obligated to attend the shows.....they won't be signing, and if they do, it will be a lottery system with 50 or 100 bracelets handed out and 30 minutes to an hour of signing like SDCC.    

If Disney hosted an official Marvel con every year, they'd be there. Where else would they be contracted to go? Celebration has become an international phenomenon, Disney isn't going to let that slip away, and they certainly aren't going to miss the opportunity to promote the upcoming films there.

All three of them were at Celebration this year, and Kathleen said the only reason they weren't meeting fans was because they didn't want to subject them to thousands of crazy people pestering them with questions about the new movie.

You can bet they'll be at celebration again next year meeting fans. If you really want to overpay for a rushed unofficial 8x10 that's your prerogative, but I personally think it's all a bit silly. Just like people trying to complete those script reading shots. The movie isn't even out yet! I think everyone is a bit too excited they haven't had their star wars fill in a while. They are going to do almost a movie per year over the next 5 years. Plenty of Star Wars to come.

I will be first in line if Disney manages to change the hobby/business entirely and I'll have a crack at excellent signatures on official photos for discount prices. But I went to a convention yesterday where Mitch Pileggi and Dennis O'Hare were charging $50 for autographs, so I'm not expecting anything. 

Time will tell, no doubt about that. Someone in the new films will be the Jake Lloyd and hit the show circuit. I still would rather have my Jake Lloyds signed before Ep1 came out, instead of the scribble he jams out at the shows now.

"Official" photos featuring Star Wars logos with mouse ears is not my idea of high end collectibles, but to each his own.       

Prices are getting absurd. Official Pix is charging $200 for Hamill autographs on their site right now. Chris Evans is $150 in Utah, $200 through Celebrity Authentics. Harrison Ford was $550-$4500 and the signing sold out.
Very cool, JXE!

Showmasters will put out offers to the entire ep7 cast, and they will end up with the regulars that have done their shows in the past, Game of Thrones crossovers like Henwick or maybe Mayhew & Baker, maybe even the guy walking around with the cage mini long necked things on his back.

If they even get Gwendoline Christie back, she will be priced like Michael J Fox or Sigourney Weaver with limited signing tickets and 6 hours of photo ops.

I am not even collecting Ep7 names...... I have Driver on a Girls shot, Isaac on a Sucker Punch shot, Henwick & Christie on Thrones shots. All that being said.....I still snagged JJ on my Lucas shots and I did grab a Ridley.

Very nice Pete.  I suspect that you will eventually be collecting the others on Star Wars photos as well.  Never underestimate the power of the Force.

Burn me once....shame on you....

After jumping the gun on Ep1 stuff back in 1997 and 1998 before it was released in 1999, I can say with a fair degree of certainty, that I will not be going there.

My Star Wars collection remains focused on my love for ANH, ESB and the first part of Jedi. Aside from well known stars like Christopher Lee or Jimmy Smits, my Ep2 and Ep3 autographs are minimal at best.  

Don't get me wrong, I have high hopes for JJ's vision of the SW universe, and I love the fact that Larry Kasdan is co-writing. My fingers are crossed that Disney does not push against their creative ideas in favor of toy sales.....which is what killed the prequels. George is a masterful business man, but the bottom line was far more important to him, story and directing of the prequels was trumped by how many Jar Jar dolls he could sell.

The only company on the planet with bigger hopes for tie in sales is Disney....we shall see what won out in December.

Im also hoping Disney doesn't over due it for the almighty dollar. I suspect they will though!

Any chance this is real? It was supposedly signed at Motor City Comic Con in 2009 by Fisher and 2011 by Mayhew.

From what I see of it, it looks alright.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service