We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I have been collecting Star Wars autographs since 1998.  Not all of my signatures are on Star Wars memorabilia.  For example, when I met Warwick Davis at a comic convention in New York City, I had him sign a Willow photograph.  I also have publicity photos of Sir Alec Guinness and Christopher Lee from the 1970s, and a Natalie Portman signed The Diary of Anne Frank theater poster from her performance on Broadway back in 1998.  My current wish list includes Peter Cushing, Terence Stamp and John Williams.  I am interested in knowing about the collections and wish lists of other members.

Views: 87892

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks again Pete.

I have 0 faith in JSA and PSA seeing the nonsense they are stickering. Sooner or later the public will be informed that stickers mean nothing. Thanks to Mr Chuka for his expertise and help and Mr Shepherd for this subject.

It was pointed out to me recently by a well respected authenticator that rumors and innuendo about the 3rd party, do plenty of damage, I agree with that statement, but in this case ...and this is just the latest .....

this was the past few months

They kind of got the poster right , but then issued this letter...Tony Scott? Really? What in the world does Tony Scott have to do with Star Wars.....haven't they ever heard of an inscription...like To Scott?

Unbelievable

I just ordered a Carrie Fisher autographed 8x10 from Official Pix for $60. I have a secretarial that I got TTM, so I thought that I would add an authentic one. I'll post a picture when I receive it.

Probably a good call at this moment Mark.

Carrie just did a con in the UK where she was signing for a 60GBP fee. I almost expect her future US shows will reflect that kind of pricing and she will likely be $100 per signature here, real soon. 

I appreciate your expertise in Star Wars autographs. Been meaning to ask you. What exactly tipped you off about my Frank Oz being fake? I am not disagreeing with you or arguing, just would like to know what to look for in the future. 

Once you see a few hundred Frank Oz graphs dating from the 1960's thru this year .....you will notice the way he signs, the shape of each letter, especially the F and k in Frank. After that you see how he lines up the first and last name. If all of those are off just a bit you can tell it wasn't Frank who put the pen to the paper.  

After studying Pete's Frank Oz signature study on Rebel Scum I can never unsee the difference between real ones and forgeries/secretarials. 

JXE, can you post a link?

Frank Oz:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1045790-3/

And here's Rebel Scum on Natalie Portman for good measure:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1027532-5/

Awesome.  Thanks JXE.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by