We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I have been collecting Star Wars autographs since 1998.  Not all of my signatures are on Star Wars memorabilia.  For example, when I met Warwick Davis at a comic convention in New York City, I had him sign a Willow photograph.  I also have publicity photos of Sir Alec Guinness and Christopher Lee from the 1970s, and a Natalie Portman signed The Diary of Anne Frank theater poster from her performance on Broadway back in 1998.  My current wish list includes Peter Cushing, Terence Stamp and John Williams.  I am interested in knowing about the collections and wish lists of other members.

Views: 87923

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Greetings, all!

New to this site and have just read all 71 pages of this discussion and now living in abject terror about my Star Wars collection.  I wonder if you could give me some of your opinions.

First up...Peter Cushing

Next up, Carrie

Harrison

Mark

Alec (Mike already offered an opinion of this on another thread)

Anthony Daniels and Mark

Pete is the guy you want on these but I don't think he's going to have good news.

Just by way of reference, these were all from UACC shows in the early 90s.

The Alec Guinness autograph is the only one that I feel comfortable about.  Sorry Bill.

Guinness looks good in my opinion. Ford and Fisher are not good.

I'm not as familiar with older style Hamill sigs, so I will leave those to someone else.

I was thinking the same thing Steve.  However, I still believe that the Mark Hamill autographs are atypical of his autograph style in the 1990s.

I think Bill meant he got them at a show in the 90s... I was leaving open the possibility they were signed earlier than that.

Yes, they were purchased probably between 1990 and 1994 at the UACC shows in Manhattan...off Central Park if I remember.  I have no idea when they were signed. 

The one with Obi-Wan and Threepio may be authentic if it was signed in the 1980s.

They would be very atypical of Hamill graphs from the 90's.

That's because they are Hamill graphs from the 80's. Hahahahahaha

I see one or two examples similar to that Cushing signature but it's not typical without the serpentine through his usual "P" and a defined "h" and looking more like an abbreviation.  One of the online examples seems to be a trading card with a facsimile signature...Ash Trading Cards...ever heard of them?

http://www.ashtradingcards.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&am...

RSS

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service