We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Just Acquired this 11x17 Original 20thCenturyFox issued StarWars Photograph and so I was wondering what the StarWars Autograph experts
on this forum think of the Autographs on it? Your opinions would be most
appreciated:)

Just Acquired this 11x17 Original 20thCenturyFox issued StarWars Photograph and so I was wondering what the StarWars Autograph experts
on this forum think of the Autographs on it? Your opinions would be most
appreciated:)

Views: 1219

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

+1

My impression is that the poster was signed by more than one person.  For example, the Jeremy Bullock and David Prowse autographs both appear to have been signed by the same hand.  Compare the “B” and “P”, as well as the left-handed slant.  Neither of them are left-handed.  Regardless, the autographs are atypical.

Yup, I have to agree with you on your ProwseVSBullock assessment Mike Shepherd. They both look like they were penned by the same person and the Bullock doesnt "look right" as compared to other bullock sigs Ive seen. My bullock sig just doesnt look like a typical bullock sig. But does this mean it is a 100%forgery OR could it be an "atypical" signature of his?

The seller had told me that he obtained these signatures at a total of 7 different Shows over the last 10years. Interestingly enough, Woody2shoes, so far you are the only responder who has not yet suggested that these are definite forgeries:)

After some reverse image searching, I found the auction you or the person you bought your poster from got the item from. I'm sorry to tell you that I would definitely not purchase anything from this outdated sketchy site. Someone paid 120 dollars for it (You were right Mike T) and you were likely scammed out of your money, I would recommend getting a refund if possible.

Here is the auction link to the EXACT poster Mike Bloom owns.

http://auction.aacsautographs.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&...

"...Other autographed items can be returned for authenticity reasons, but must be accompanied by a letter of rejection from a recognized authenticator (PSA/DNA, JSA, etc)...."

The few things I looked at there were poor fakes. 

“Your opinions would be most welcome.  :)”  Apparently not.  Mike, just send the poster to BAS, JSA or PSA at this point.  Best of luck, and best wishes.  Please keep us posted.

Great detective work, TayLar.

Curious what that would cost? I have never used any of those services. Would it even be worth it?

Absolutely.  If the autographs are determined to be authentic, the poster will be worth thousands of dollars.  Unfortunately, the autographs on this particular poster are atypical.

I just meant worth going through the hoops to get a refund for $121.

It would definitely be worth it if in fact it is authentic.  It does not sound like anyone is interested in a refund.  At least not at this time.

I just did a little research.  To submit the poster to PSA for authentication would cost $405.  That would absolutely be worth it, if in fact the autographs are determined to be authentic.  That includes Kenny Baker, Jeremy Bullock, Anthony Daniels, Warwick Davis, Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, James Earl Jones, George Lucas, Peter Mayhew, David Prowse, Billy Dee Williams and John Williams.  I have no idea who the autograph in black marker at the bottom of the poster is.  I am very interested to know.

I have way too much time on my hands this summer.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service