We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Steve asked me to start a new thread since some were having a lot of issues with regards to whether or not the through the mail autographs of Jerry Lee Lewis are real or not.  I will post some examples of what we have been getting recently and some know in person examples.   These TTM signatures are not cheap.  You have to pay $50 for them to his box office box.  The question is are they real or not.  Roger has said that he has never seen Mr. Lewis sign this way and it looks to perfect - like a woman's signature.  

Please post your thoughts here and examples.

thanks

Mark

Views: 61435

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In addition to the slant, I think there is generally not much formation to the r letters in Jerry (if they’re not skipped altogether). 

Precisely, Henry K.

In my collector and professional experience, when you run across a signature group that has significantly better definition and each and every letter is neatly applied, it usually means one thing -- proxy signer.

To make things easier and a little more condensed, can someone please make a new thread?

thanks

Mark

Who did the signature design then on the Last Man Standing Album, his website, and cafe Honky Tonk? That signature design matches the lil' L loops that someone posted on here earlier with the sharp r's and the God Bless You messaging. That signature design has been used on his branding yeeeeaaaaars before he ever met Judith. Im just guessing maybe he signs like that when he puts effort into his signature. Maybe. maaaybeee....

Could be, but it could also be the work of a graphic designer.  

The writing on Michael Jackson’s Thriller album cover certainly isn’t his signature...

Very True... its curious though that some of the signatures i see on this thread.. look VERY similar in style to the one he uses on his official branding ( like the L loops and r's)... and im wondering if that is how he signs when he takes his time and puts effort into the signature ..

I guess that could be the case, but still why wouldn’t they use that for the stamped version of his signature?  I think the stamped version actually looks like verified in person examples. 

Maybe in hopes fool people and make fans happy? That stamp does look more like a fluid normal signature that someone would just do, just to sign stuff.. not sure! Maybe the nice slow signatures are when he takes his time and really puts effort into it ? Has anybody ever thought of this?

For me to be comfortable, I prefer to start with the view that an autograph isn’t authentic and then find similarities with verified exemplars.

The problem for me is that there are no verified in person exemplars for this type of autograph.  They’re all TTM or handed out (but not signed in person) at an in store signing.  I lived in NYC at the time of his NYC Last Man Standing store appearance.  I didn’t think the signed inserts were authentic then, and unfortunately I still don’t.  I also think the signed books look nothing like those examples or like the in person examples.

I agree with the books

I think for a long time in this thread many of us had it in our minds that we were trying to decipher if Jerry Lee or Judith was doing the signing while also wondering if maybe it was Judith doing the personalizations. But maybe there is a third person involved. And maybe Jerry Lee isn't doing any of the singing, though some by mail, including ones, I've received are of such poor quality that it's hard to believe anyone other than Jerry Lee signed those. 

Here is a crazy thought...

Maybe someone else is signing the through the mail requests. The slant is way off, they are much too smooth and each letter is carefully applied. But sometimes the proxy gets real close on certain words or letter formations. :-)

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service